View Poll Results: POTP Inferno - worth getting?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • This new toy is flamin' good!

4 40.00%
  • Only if cheap

1 10.00%
  • Only if...

0 0%
  • Na

5 50.00%
  • Burn it - burn it now!

0 0%

Thread: Toy Review - POTP Inferno

Default Toy Review - POTP Inferno

INFERNO
    Series – POTP
    Size/class - Voyager
    New/remould/redeco - Remould
    Wave - 3
    Released here – Yup
    Approximate Retail Price - $49
    Approximate Size - 21cm
    Allegiance - Autobot
    Alt-modes – Fire Truck
    Main Features/Gimmicks – Becomes a gestalt torso
    Main Colours – Red, Black, White
    Main Accessories – 2 guns, 2 Gestalt feet

Robot Mode

Inferno has received a new head along the lines of his G1 incarnation. This is predominantly the reason I ended up picking him up as otherwise he would have looked like either Hot Spot or Pyra Magna/Megaempress. He comes with Hot Spots two guns which he can either hold in his hands, or be attached to the gestalt feet and then his back to form shoulder cannons.

Vehicle Mode

Like all others of the mould he transforms into a Rosenbauer Panther 6x6 Fire Truck. He has his big long white ladder back like the G1 version which I believe is an improvement over the water cannon the Universe and Energon versions sported. However he is so long in this mode you can't help but think 'This is Hot Spot cosplaying as Inferno'.

Worth Getting?
    It's a hard call. In some ways this version of Inferno is superior to the Universe version that came out a decade ago. However in some ways he is inferior too. For the most part though I think I'll be playing with my Masterpiece version more.

Last edited by BigTransformerTrev; 26th November 2018 at 07:05 PM.

Don't mean to be a pedant Trev, but it was released here in June or May this year.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    Don't mean to be a pedant Trev, but it was released here in June or May this year.
    Was not. WAS NOT! LIAR! FILTHY LIAR!!!!

Was it? I hadn't seen him before yesterday. No worries, I'll make the change

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Was not. WAS NOT! LIAR! FILTHY LIAR!!!!

Was it? I hadn't seen him before yesterday. No worries, I'll make the change
    I saw him at a Kmart in Tasmania in mid July and it wasn't fresh news then, and there have been a couple sitting at my local Big W for a few months now so yeah he's been out for a fair while.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    I saw him at a Kmart in Tasmania in mid July and it wasn't fresh news then, and there have been a couple sitting at my local Big W for a few months now so yeah he's been out for a fair while.
    Heh - sometimes I forget that I live in the middle of buttf**k nowhere and we get toys months after everyone else

Guess I figured he must be fresh out since noone else had chucked up a review yet. Live and learn eh

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Heh - sometimes I forget that I live in the middle of buttf**k nowhere and we get toys months after everyone else

Guess I figured he must be fresh out since noone else had chucked up a review yet. Live and learn eh
    If it’s any help, I still haven’t recieved mine from LTC so you got it before me.

Edit: I could have bought it 20 times over at Kmart.

Already spoke about Inferno under the Hot Spot thread since no one reviewed it until now.

By the way CW Wreck-Gar combined with Inferno doesn't look as good as CW Groove combined with CW Hot Spot.
    Last edited by shockNwave; 4th March 2019 at 04:25 PM.