Thread: Toymate (Legacy, SS) TF sale

Default Toymate (Legacy, SS) TF sale

Legacy finally showing up on the Toymate website (some nice pics of wave 2 instead of wave 1 for a change).
    Leaders $99 to $79.
    Voyagers $59.99 to $45.
    Deluxes $39.99 to $35.

Studio Series

Deluxes $39.99 to $30.
    Voyagers $59.99 to $45.
    Leaders $99 to $79 but not shown on the website (saw that in store recently).
    Cores are not on sale.

Kingdom has been on sale too for a while.

https://toymate.com.au/shop/?search_query=transformers

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

So does that mean that they have wave 2 now? Or that it'll be there soon? Or just that they've been given fresh stock images?

Shame about the whole random selection thing. The sale's not so great with that...

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    So does that mean that they have wave 2 now? Or that it'll be there soon? Or just that they've been given fresh stock images?
    Toymate got beaten badly by the Myer and Big W midyear sales - too late to the game and still more expensive The Deluxes and Voyagers at the two Toymates I visit haven't moved much (even Blaster), so I think the sea of wave ones will be sitting there for a while. It's just nice to see stock images of wave 2 figures on a retailer website. And apart from SS Core Ravage and Shockwave, there hasn't been any new SSs at my Toymates.

I posted this because Toymates might be more convenient for some members than Big W or Myer, plus there's added 5% off for Toymate members. And the Legacy figures haven't been on Toymate's webiste until now and perhaps useful for stock checking.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyfire View Post
    Toymate got beaten badly by the Myer and Big W midyear sales - too late to the game and still more expensive
    Don't forget that ToyMate does have a price match policy. Although I've noticed that a lot of stores' price match policies have gotten stricter. They're insisting that the exact same toy has to be in stock at a nearby location. Kmart now wants photographic evidence of the exact same product on a competitor's store shelves.

It's getting to the point where you might as well just shop at the competition. I had a Kmart staff member just outright tell me to go shop at Big W. :/
    Do they not want more business?

Your local Toymate must like your charm Gok , because I've asked several times to different staff at one of my Toymates about matching competitors' sale prices (percent offs or promotional prices) and they outright say, "No!" I believe it does actually say that in their T&Cs. I don't bother anymore for sale prices and, as you say, "just shop at the competition".

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Don't forget that ToyMate does have a price match policy. Although I've noticed that a lot of stores' price match policies have gotten stricter. They're insisting that the exact same toy has to be in stock at a nearby location. Kmart now wants photographic evidence of the exact same product on a competitor's store shelves.

It's getting to the point where you might as well just shop at the competition. I had a Kmart staff member just outright tell me to go shop at Big W. :/
    Do they not want more business?
    While photographic evidence is one requirement, it's not the only one needed to verify an items discounted price - a catalogue advert will suffice. Nothing in their terms states that the item must be in stock within a 5k radius, in the same shopping centre etc.

If the team member is still refusing to process your price match request, contact Kmart's Customer Service center on 1800 124 125 with the items & team members details citing the reason given.
    https://www.kmart.com.au/pricematch/