Thread: Two new Rescue Bots characters/toys & Second Season announced

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Two new Rescue Bots characters/toys & Second Season announced

With the first series being rather small on robot characters (4 main cast, 2 guest cast), and the second series being shown off at SDCC just having repack/redecos (with two playsets being the only "new" toys)... it didn't look like much was to be expected for the second year of Rescue Bots.
    But sneaking out through a dealer listing, and now on the Hasbro instructions archive, we have two new Rescue Bots characters:

Hoist the Tow Bot - a tow truck.
    Medix the Doc Bot - an ambulance.

Judging by the extended names (Tow Bot, Doc Bot), I'd be thinking that these might be new cast characters in the cartoon, if it has a second season.

It will be interesting to see what colours they give these toys... will they be classic Gen1 colours for Hoist, and "Ratchet" colours for Medix.

(NOTE - since Rescue Bots have been proven to be part of the TFPrime story-verse, they couldn't have Ratchet as the Doc Bot if they plan on it being in the cartoon).

Some official images of both have been found, giving us a look at their colours, and their partner humans. Medix has the human that was already paired with Blades from the first series, while Hoist has a recolour of the figurine that was paired to Optimus (so might not be a new human). It should still mean that a figurine in that colour is also on the agenda for release in this second series.

I like the blue of Hoist, but the face on Medix is a bit creepy.

I really like how Hoist looks. Y'know, I still want them to make Prime/Generations versions of the Rescue Bots characters. That'd be cool.

For those following Rescue Bots (to save posting a whole new topic for it), a second season has been announced.
    Now to find the first season on DVD somewhere.

The second season is already about to be recorded... and a guest voice actor has been mentioned - Roger Craig Smith.

A video review of the two new Rescue Bots toys - Hoist and Medix.