Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Pawn stars - Transformers Collection

$5000 us ....9 words f*** off I'm giving this to you for $5000 that would be my response..

I don't think hes an expert, I think hes an ass-hole for offering so little for something worth a minimum of at least $40000..
    Last edited by griffin; 22nd July 2010 at 11:52 AM. Reason: wording

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Yeah, deception usually isn't recommended in a healthy relationship.

Unless it's a white lie, like sneaking a toy you just bought into the house under her radar.
    I just get then delivered to my work so she doesn't ask questions...

I agree with you Tabias. He did look like an asshole, especially with that smirk on his face as he made the offer. I would've punched him in the face.

I watched the whole episode and to me, it just looked like he was ripping people off who found themselves in a desperate situation for money.

Not a show that I would watch if it aired here.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix View Post
    Perhaps she just didn't like his collection, went along with it anyway and then slowly tried to change him.
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    You never know... I'm sure there are quite a few members here that have dated (do the kids still call it that) and did not reveal their collection until well into the relationship - if at all.
    Quite frankly, neither of these are healthy for a relationship.

Sure, people grow together & can improve on character flaws over time with the other's support (eg insecurity, jealously), but noone should go into a relationship and expect to "change" someone. Aside from the fact that it rarely works, they're not accepting & loving that person for who they are.

On the other hand, concealing oneself is just as stupid, since the other person isn't given the opportunity to make a fully informed decision.

Everyone has passions, flaws & idiosyncracies & should make compromises, but openness, acceptance and honesty are essential. If his wife is "forcing" him or he didn't tell her until fairly late in the relationship then their relationship has bigger problems than a lack of space.
    Last edited by dirge; 22nd July 2010 at 11:38 AM.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    Quite frankly, neither of these are healthy for a relationship.

Sure, people grow together & can improve on character flaws over time with the other's support (eg insecurity, jealously), but noone should go into a relationship and expect to "change" someone. Aside from the fact that it rarely works, they're not accepting & loving that person for who they are.

On the other hand, concealing oneself is just as stupid, since the other person isn't given the opportunity to make a fully informed decision.

Everyone has passions, flaws & idiosyncracies & should make compromises, but openness, acceptance and honesty are essential. If his wife is "forcing" him or he didn't tell her until fairly late in the relationship then their relationship has bigger problems than a lack of space.
    I agree. It is really unhealthy. But it happens. People do stupid things when "in love." It isn't an excuse and is something that should be strongly advised against but people can get irrational about things like that.
    They take the 1 flaw against all this other good stuff doesn't matter and I can just ignore it, but then it builds up and up and then they just can't.

also....the second quote wasn't me, was 5FDP
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Heres a question, If he had 2 rooms of Transformers like this why not put up some shelves and display them properly in one room instead of on the floor in 2 rooms?

also....the second quote wasn't me, was 5FDP
    My bad. Fixed.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    Wife: "Honey, I'm pregnant and I'm keeping the baby. We need the room and the money so you're selling your toys."
    Husband:

This sort of thing is why a non-negotiable condition of any living arrangements I have is my own room, with living together being a duress thing for negotiations purposes. It's my space that I can escape to and deck out how I want - including shelves of Transformers - and guarantees I don't end up sleeping on the couch after late/drunken nights out, or when any Grasshopperettes are down with the flu or somesuch.
    Exactamundo! Most blokes need their man-cave. Apparently it is part of male psychology. Some blokes have a room full of sports memorabilia, other guys have a pool room, some people have their garage, some guys retreat to the garden (yardwork) - for me it's my TF room.

Also, $5000? WTF? Maybe $5000 for the Fortress Maximii, but really...$5000?[/QUOTE]

Dunno. You hear stories like that. It could also be that the dislike started after they moved in and started a family.
    Surely you'd know what you like and dislike about your partner (and what you can tolerate and what you can't) before committing to cohabitation and starting a family.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    I hate to burst your bubble on relationships Gok, but there are people like that.
    Indeed...
    "There are two constants; the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein.

I agree. It is really unhealthy. But it happens. People do stupid things when "in love."
    Yeah, that typically happens during the 'honeymoon' phase of a relationship and you're trying really hard to impress your partner. But you'd think that the pretense would be dropped by time you get to the stage of making a long-term committment to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabias Prime View Post
    Heres a question, If he had 2 rooms of Transformers like this why not put up some shelves and display them properly in one room instead of on the floor in 2 rooms?
    Cos that'd make sense!!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Surely you'd know what you like and dislike about your partner (and what you can tolerate and what you can't) before committing to cohabitation and starting a family......

.....Yeah, that typically happens during the 'honeymoon' phase of a relationship and you're trying really hard to impress your partner. But you'd think that the pretense would be dropped by time you get to the stage of making a long-term committment to each other.
    Everyone is different. Every relationship is different. Everyone has a different way of seeing things.
    Some people look at others in fine detail and scrutinise the relationship they have and the person they are with for marriage potential, others have shot-gun weddings in Vegas with someone they just met.

There are also bound to be things you don't know that you don't like until you try them. Living with someone is one of those things. Since some people do not live with each other until they get married then they will not find out about things they don't like until they get married.
    Again, she may have thought having a room full of old toys was fine and not going to bug her. But then after walking past that room everyday for, I dunno, say a year, she is sick and tired of them and wants them gone.

As for the honeymoon period and starting a family. Some families are started during the honeymoon period either by choice or accident.

So it is possible and reasonable to say the transformers didn't bug her when she got married to him and when she first got pregnant.
    Now they need a room for the kid and it does bug her.
    It is a perfectly normal thing to happen which may or may not have been in their control. But it happened and they are in the situation they are in.

I say bravo to him for putting his unborn child ahead of his toys.
    Maybe not getting rid of everything, but that is what the second room might be for. He might be planning to keep one of each and put them in the second room to free up one for the kid.
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Quote Originally Posted by Tabias Prime View Post
    Well as I have already stated since reply #6 of this thread - he's got multiples - A) keep 1 complete set for his own ( unless as Sky Shadow said he wants to quit cold turkey - hah I bet when the withdrawal symptoms hit he'll be reaaaaaaallly sorry)

B) sell the multiples (its laborious but hey so is collecting - he's a collector he should have the patience in cataloguing it and slling it piecemeal)
    by himself - geez ebay is his friend- a little reasearcyh and surely he'd see he was short selling himself so much just by settling for a paltry $20,000 for the lot....
    C) A baby needs the room - - a complete set of G1 TF occupies only 1 side of the wall of a room, hence get decent shelves with 6-8 movable/adjustable shelves and viola instant baby room with a Tf display on one side... easy and they still end up with the money since he'd be selling the multiples.

sheesh his problem is rather simple, it's just his refusal (laziness) to put an effort in selling his TF multiple piecemeal that's hindering him.

It is rather a ridiculous way of displaying his Tfs though - all on the floor?? once he puts em up on shelvings then he'll realize IT IS JUST HIS STUPID WAY OF DISPLAYING THAT MAKES THEM THINK THEY GOT NO ROOM FOR THE BABY. That child in his first few years only needs a crib space for crying out loud.... He might not even need to get rid of all the multiples had he displayed/stored it properly..... there's surely IKEA in US so he has really no excuse on displaying ideas sheesh
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]