Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111626 ... LastLast

Thread: Masterpiece Convoy 3.0 Revealed

Quote Originally Posted by ChlorHex View Post
    I've gone completely third party now as:
    1. I'm sick and tired of the never ending redecos
    2. Pricing for the new MPs are skyrocketing beyond my comfort zone for responsible hobby collecting as a family man
    3. Quality control ain't what it used to be
    4. I dislike the smaller scale

Back to Prime, looks decent but it would have been better if they worked on something else entirely.
    This kinda makes me really concerned that they'll start reworking all the other characters already released as masterpieces... that was what really ticked me off when they dropped the scale/size with the 2nd MP Op... now there's a third version. Sheesh.
    Yeah... you can smell more + versions, and v.2 or v.3 remolds...

Quote Originally Posted by ZoonMaster5000 View Post
    My main concern is the rising prices on mp’s if this goes over $300 I’ll have to seriously think about whether I get 2 or not
    I have a bigger dilemma, I don’t know whether to buy 2 or 3. I’ve got 3 MP-36 Megatron’s so I guess I’ll be going 3 of Optimus Prime. I might be looking at a cool grand to satisfy my thirst.

Quote Originally Posted by danny-boy View Post
    I have a bigger dilemma, I don’t know whether to buy 2 or 3. I’ve got 3 MP-36 Megatron’s so I guess I’ll be going 3 of Optimus Prime. I might be looking at a cool grand to satisfy my thirst.
    woah... now that's a plastic addiction! Lol

And here I was thinking I was committed to the cause! Guess we will just have to all wait for a proper painted preview, what’s the eta on this guy, 2019?

Maybe they thought this would be a 'safer' option but there is already a bit of debate about the merits of this version. The time and money spent doing this could potentially have been used on other characters who haven't had one MP yet, instead of a THIRD Optimus.

The aesthetic argument will probably go on forever. How can you commit to full slavish animation accuracy above all else when the very medium is subject to so many errors and inconsistencies. I think finding a happy medium between the essence of toy and animation looks is better but hey I'm not in charge haha.

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    Maybe they thought this would be a 'safer' option but there is already a bit of debate about the merits of this version. The time and money spent doing this could potentially have been used on other characters who haven't had one MP yet, instead of a THIRD Optimus.

The aesthetic argument will probably go on forever. How can you commit to full slavish animation accuracy above all else when the very medium is subject to so many errors and inconsistencies. I think finding a happy medium between the essence of toy and animation looks is better but hey I'm not in charge haha.
    I agree so much with this. Where are the rest of the dinobots!

Not having a go but why do you have so many versions of the same figure?
    Spiderken Away!

Excited for this. Probably expensive though.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by spiderken17 View Post
    Not having a go but why do you have so many versions of the same figure?
    I don’t know. Two to display in both modes. The 3rd for figures with three modes (Sunstreaker, Tracks). Megatron and Optimus V3 I’m not sure.

I’ve really felt the change in this line with Inferno, Grapple, Megatron, and Sunstreaker. These four releases are the perfect representations of these characters I grew up with. It looks like it continues with Optimus Prime.

I don’t hate MP-10 but I’ve always thought it was a strange take on Optimus Prime. I’m not saying it’s good or bad it’s just neither here nor there. It just comes across as a mish mash of different ideas and fan art.

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Sad that I, among others, have gone the 3P route to fill our gaps. Funny that each one of those I have done so.
    I hear you, but when Takara released MP10 they set a precedent for concentrating on the big names, and I think it's folly for people to just assume they are going to give us all of G1.

Look at other Japanese collector toylines and super robots etc, the main heroes get released over and over again, while you are lucky to get a mold of lesser names or villains. I don't think the MP line is any different, some of those lesser characters probably represent a bigger financial risk then a big name character would, so Takara might not consider them worth the effort and hedges their bets releasing remakes of Convoy, Megatron and Starscream.

As someone who's collected toys for several decades now, there's always a new 'better version' (or one with a hat) on the horizon, yet people are always surprised when that inevitable new version is announced. I will remind everyone of this when Convoy 4.0 is announced in a few years time.