Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415162131 ... LastLast

Thread: Masterpiece Convoy 3.0 Revealed

Quote Originally Posted by MEEEGGGAAATTTRRROOONNN!!! View Post
    Dengeki Hobby is reporting a 2019 release and that the figure will also include a voice gimmick:

http://hobby.dengeki.com/news/585258/
    He will have Japanese Optimus Voice in him.

It makes me wonder why they bother with the trailer, I mean I know he always had the trailer in the cartoon, but it only Transformed once (and was quickly blown up) and will make the cost sky high. Curoious to see how the trailer will look. Also, a bit sad that (failing in the cartoon accuracy here) that the trailer wheels re not just long tubes underneath.
    http://www.bradycarlson.com/wp-conte...1-1024x576.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    It makes me wonder why they bother with the trailer, I mean I know he always had the trailer in the cartoon, but it only Transformed once (and was quickly blown up) and will make the cost sky high. Curoious to see how the trailer will look. Also, a bit sad that (failing in the cartoon accuracy here) that the trailer wheels re not just long tubes underneath.
    http://www.bradycarlson.com/wp-conte...1-1024x576.jpg
    Optimus wouldn't be complete without the trailer. People would complain if what was meant to be the definitive G1 Optimus Prime didn't come with a trailer.

Speaking of which, the trailer seems to have been reworked, judging by the photo of the vehicle mode. No idea if it's totally new or just substantially remoulded. Either way, it's hard to imagine the trailer being really complex, so it may not be contributing that much to the total cost of the figure - unless the sound chip with the voice recordings is in the trailer.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    Optimus wouldn't be complete without the trailer. People would complain if what was meant to be the definitive G1 Optimus Prime didn't come with a trailer.

Speaking of which, the trailer seems to have been reworked, judging by the photo of the vehicle mode. No idea if it's totally new or just substantially remoulded. Either way, it's hard to imagine the trailer being really complex, so it may not be contributing that much to the total cost of the figure - unless the sound chip with the voice recordings is in the trailer.
    Urm so why have Magnus without the trailer? I thought Magnus never go without the trailer armour on either but yet we have toys of white Optimus?

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    Urm so why have Magnus without the trailer? I thought Magnus never go without the trailer armour on either but yet we have toys of white Optimus?
    White prime is toy accurate, for show accuracy he needs a trailer, in short cheap mold reuse if its just a white prime

I wonder how many more MP Optimus Prime's will be released by the time I croak...

I am just not sold on OPv3 I honestly prefer MP10s bulk...

Interesting how they can do a full colour reveal with Hound, yet Optimus still remains in prototype grey.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Probably because hound was ready long ago just poor marketing or hoping to get at Fantoys to reissue theirs and hit them.

There's a colour digibash on the TFW2005 forums and it looks oh-so beautiful in full colour. Might even sway me to purchase.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/thread...#post-16000533