Thread: IDW MTMTE #10 preview & commentary

Default IDW MTMTE #10 preview & commentary

Out last week was issue 10 of the More than Meets the Eye series (the off-world one).

It appears to be part two of a three part back-story, set 4 million years ago in the IDW-verse.

The preview can be seen here.

A commentary with the writer can be seen here.

And concept art for one of the featured characters of the back-story (Roller - based on the Actionmaster character).

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    And concept art for one of the featured characters of the back-story (Roller - based on the Actionmaster character).
    It's Roller, Griffin. Based on... you know... Roller, from six years before Action Masters. You're thinking of Rollout.

Oops...
    It looks like Rollout.

If it is meant to be Op's Roller, I'm like those people who oppose a Dinobot combiner - it doesn't feel right, as he was never meant to be a character in its own right. I guess there is a story there to explain how Optimus has a part of himself called "Roller" (because all three parts of Gen1 Optimus IS all part of Optimus).
    I wonder if this idea of Roller being given its own character was proposed by someone at IDW that's a fan of the 3rd-party toy.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Oops...
    It looks like Rollout.

If it is meant to be Op's Roller, I'm like those people who oppose a Dinobot combiner - it doesn't feel right, as he was never meant to be a character in its own right. I guess there is a story there to explain how Optimus has a part of himself called "Roller" (because all three parts of Gen1 Optimus IS all part of Optimus).
    I wonder if this idea of Roller being given its own character was proposed by someone at IDW that's a fan of the 3rd-party toy.
    If you have a look at the colours and vehicle mode, it looks like they're trying to use Roller as the Dion of the IDWverse. Which means he's more than likely to die in a flashback storyline and be rebuilt with Orion into Optimus Prime

Okay.... hmmm, it'll be another 12 months before I get to read it anyway (as a TPB).