View Poll Results: Timelines Rampage - worth getting?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hells yeah - he looks like he can kick skidplate!

4 57.14%
  • Only if a member of the TFCC

1 14.29%
  • Only if...

1 14.29%
  • Na

1 14.29%
  • A definite science experiment gone wrong!

0 0%

Thread: Toy Review - TFCC Timelines Rampage

Default Toy Review - TFCC Timelines Rampage

Name – Rampage
    Series – TFCC
    Sub-line - Timelines
    Size/class - Deluxe
    New/remould/redeco – Remould of TFP Megatron
    Released here - Nope - Only available through TCC
    Approximate Retail Price – n/a
    Approximate Size – 14cm
    Allegiance – Technically none - but Predacon
    Alt-mode – Cybertronian Jet
    Main Features/Gimmicks - N/A
    Main Colours – Red, Orange, Purple
    Main Accessories – 1 x Cannon

Robot Mode
    Beefy, great colours, nice “Protoform X” symbol in the middle of the chest and the chest itself reminiscent of the BW Ramage figure. He looks like he could kick some serious butt! The face is very well done and looks a lot like Ramapage from the Beast Wars cartoon. No crab legs coming off him every which way but some (myself included) may actually like that.

Vehicle Mode
    I don’t really understand why they didn’t choose a tank for him . After all, he was one of the few earlier on Beast Wars characters that definitely had a vehicle mode, even if it was heavily influenced by his crab mode. His head looks silly peeking out of the top of the cybertronian jet mode, though otherwise it is a nice looking vehicle and the colour scheme is great. I guess at a stretch you could think of the front of the vehicle as one big crab pincer

Transformation
    Fairly standard, can be done without the instructions unless you are a novice or a kiddy. I like this kind, it’s not too simple but you don’t have to take a half day off work to get it done.

Overall
    The really nice paint job on this guy - takara worthy - earns the figure a few extra points. I’m not a massive Beast Wars fan but I do like this Rampage and think he has come off better than the Depthcharge figure they sent out last year. The bio-card is very well done with a nice story about his Protoform X origins. Besides an odd choice of alt-mode, very well done indeed!

I voted... Only if a club member.

The only reason is that he has a really small head. I understand that it has to fit in the hole.

Overall a very awesome figure.

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    I voted... Only if a club member.

The only reason is that he has a really small head. I understand that it has to fit in the hole.
    Lol - Yeah, I was thinking looking at him last night what a small melon he's got I shoulda mentioned it in the review

Funny how even after getting a 4 armed Movie Frenzy we subconsciously think they should have human-esque proportions

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Approximate Retail Price – n/a
    Just out of curiosity, how much did they charge club members? I paid $44 for mine. But I'd say for this toy, the standard club price could be considered as the "retail price" for this toy.

No crab legs coming off him every which way but some (myself included) may actually like that.
    The lack of crab legs and other beast mode kibble is actually accurate to the cartoon, as Protoform X didn't have any of that back on Cybertron (i.e. before he acquired a Transmetal beast mode and had beast kibble). All we saw in the cartoon was essentially the show model stripped of his alt mode kibble, then obscured in darkness so as to save money on having to render a full CG model for a character who only appears briefly. They always do that with characters before they acquire their beast modes (e.g. crew of the Axalon and Dark Side/Terrorcrasher before crashing on Earth, Tripredacus Council, Depth Charge while piloting his ship etc.).

Vehicle Mode
    I don’t really understand why they didn’t choose a tank for him . After all, he was one of the few earlier on Beast Wars characters that definitely had a vehicle mode, even if it was heavily influenced by his crab mode.
    We have no idea what Protoform X transformed into before joining the Beast Wars. He might've been a tank, or a jet, or a jukebox for all we know. And as I understand it, each year Hasbro offers the club a bunch of moulds that they can use to be repainted or retooled as exclusive characters, so it then falls onto the club people to think of what characters to redeco them as, i.e. finding a "best fit." I think that overall they made a good choice with redoing Megatron as Rampage and is a nice companion piece for Depth Charge.

Having said that, it's still a redeco of that awful TF Prime Deluxe Megatron toy (who is only the best TFP Megatron figure because the others are even crappier, but that doesn't make this mould "non-crap"... just "less crap" ). It's an extremely well done redeco of a poor mould, but considering the more expensive price tag on this figure, I'd only recommend this toy if you really want a Protoform X toy or a companion piece for Depth Charge.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Just out of curiosity, how much did they charge club members? I paid $44 for mine. But I'd say for this toy, the standard club price could be considered as the "retail price" for this toy.
    You don't pay for him individually, he comes 'free' as part of the club membership. I last paid $88 for my club membership so if you paid $44 then you would say half the club membership is for the free toy and the other half is for the six issues and the chance to join the TFSS, Botcon ticket preferences etc. I haven't seen Rampage available in the club members part of the online store or other parts yet (hence why I put 'N/A' for price), though I am sure it is only a matter of time before he shows his mug there (they have a lot of Depthcharges from last year currently for sale so precedent set and all that).

You don't pay for him individually, he comes 'free' as part of the club membership. I last paid $88 for my club membership so if you paid $44 then you would say half the club membership is for the free toy and the other half is for the six issues and the chance to join the TFSS, Botcon ticket preferences etc. I haven't seen Rampage available in the club members part of the online store or other parts yet (hence why I put 'N/A' for price), though I am sure it is only a matter of time before he shows his mug there (they have a lot of Depthcharges from last year currently for sale so precedent set and all that).
    Ah right, fair enough then.

I think it looks pretty great except for that tiny head. It doesnt look like a tolerance issue but maybe it is.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose