Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Evolution of Optimus 2-Pack Reveal

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    Given that Hasbro haven't actually used anything even vaguely G1 related for any of these packs, I have to say that the fact that the robot and vehicle modes are sort of switched as to which is then and which is now actually comes across as a nice touch.
    Lol, yeah... these "Evolution" packs feel like Hasbro's attempt at emulating what TakaraTOMY did during Dark of the Moon with Transformers Chronicle, only totally missing the point about G1. Okay, admittedly G1 Grimlock's not easily feasible since they don't have an existing reissue mould on hand; but they could've easily picked a better mould than Energon Grimlock (Classics Grimlock would've been a better choice IMHO), and we all know that the G1 Optimus Prime reissue mould is definitely still available!

Quote Originally Posted by CBratron View Post
    Both. Looks like the only chrome is on the bumper and grille.
    What about his thighs?

Quote Originally Posted by Mythirax View Post
    The flames on the new Movie Prime look a little odd in Alt/Truck Mode.
    And the grill is not even fully painted. Half is silver and the other half is Hasbro grey.

4 red cabs are nice, but I think it's time for a movie deco now

Yeah... where's the white version that we have as the character art on the box... and in the Trailers.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Yeah... where's the white version that we have as the character art on the box... and in the Trailers.
    The same place as all the movie/G1 coloured Dinobots are... chilling with Silver Knight Optimus Prime, being almost completely Hasbro grey. I'm sorry, but that's what you'd get from a "movie" colour scheme version of any of these toys. I for one am glad Hasbro have decided to produce toys that aren't so drab.

Like I said, there's no way that hasbro put THS mold onto this pack, it's way too expensive, rather milk some money on the popular mold.
    however, this will be a great alternative to that pricey classic and henkei version.

btw, any pre order yet? i think i need another classic mold in my collection