Thread: Human Tetris Challenge comes to Australia!

Default Human Tetris Challenge comes to Australia!

The popular (and whacky) Japanese game show now has an Australian version to be shown on Channel Nine! I just saw the ad for it on Channel Nine this evening - you can access it here.

For those who may not be familiar with Human Tetris Challenge, here's what it looks like in its original form in Japan:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYXObIS5_AM

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Watch Channel 9 roll out the E-Grade celebrities...

(Hold on, If Channel 9 don't have Neighbours/Home & Away - then who are they gonna get to make fools of themselves every week? )

Quote Originally Posted by Pulse View Post
    Watch Channel 9 roll out the E-Grade celebrities...

(Hold on, If Channel 9 don't have Neighbours/Home & Away - then who are they gonna get to make fools of themselves every week? )
    I figure it's going to be those clowns from 60 Minutes - so funny!
    Which brings us to where we are today...

They should be sued for ripping off someone elses idaes.

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

On the topic of these types of "game shows" , Who's gonna try out for Wipe Out? You can even apply to go on the show here

I know Roller would be up for this...

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwarp View Post
    The whole Australian Television is about ripping off ideas. Australia to date has the worse TV I have ever seen and this includes backwater 5th world countries such as Paraguay!

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    The whole Australian Television is about ripping off ideas. Australia to date has the worse TV I have ever seen and this includes backwater 5th world countries such as Paraguay!
    Hey man! My mum's from Paraguay. I take offence to that!!!

They most likely had to pay a licensing fee I'm sure.

I'm sure Fuji TV would've received some kind of payment from Channel Nine for taking their idea (lest they'd be sued by Fuji TV). But I'm sure that Channel Nine is all too experienced in adapting shows from other countries for Australian TV - remember that their own boss Eddie McGuire once hosted the Australian version of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire (originally from the UK) and 1 vs 100 (originally from the Netherlands).

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    - remember that their own boss Eddie McGuire once hosted the Australian version of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire (originally from the UK) and 1 vs 100 (originally from the Netherlands).
    I was on 1 v 100. In the 100.
    At the 'trials' they give you a 50 question quiz. Thought I was a shoe-in with 43 right. Especially when people around me were getting crap like 19 and 23 and such. Then at the end of the quiz they say, "Right, everybody that got between 25 and 35 move on to the next part of the try-out. Everybody else...thanks for coming. They rang me weeks later to chuck me in the 100. I won $80. Bombed out on a stupid question about Greg Norman. Golf? Who even plays that anymore???

So the '1' is someone that scored average on the quiz while the '100' is either high or low scorers.

Speaking of Eddie I swear that in real life he totally reminded me of Killian from Running Man...
    Same sort of sleazy demeanour.

"Only in a re-run"