2 18.18%
  • Only if (something else)

1 9.09%
  • No

2 18.18%
  • Not even interested

6 54.55%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toy Review - Fracture (Deployer)

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I'm not personally willing to pay $23 for a Mini-Con, especially for a Mini-Con as abysmally terrible as this.
    Thanks for this review Gok. I was really close to picking this guy up this afternoon, as $23 seemed like a reasonable price. I love how the Decepticons in this show are all canonically bad-guys (like the generic stock in Spotlight Cliffjumper): awesome designs, head armour, and most importantly - perfect Decepticonian colouring (blues, purples). The quality of this toy's design and also it's plastic quality (?) will make it a miss for me.

If they can being back the engineering from TF:Prime, I'd quite easily pick up all the Decepticons (especially Chop Shop!).

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

I was also looking at picking this up, looks like I will be giving it a miss

I got One Step Changer Fracture today, but I ceebs to make a new review thread for it (and let's face it, there's not all that much to talk about a simple One Step Changer ), so I'll just make a brief comparison w/ Deployer Fracture here. In short: it's about equally as rubbish the Deployer Fracture. Both toys have their pros and cons against each other, but all up, they're both pretty bad.

Deployer Fracture looks better in robot mode (still a crap robot though) while One Step Fracture definitely looks better (and more show accurate) in motorcycle mode. At at Target's current toy sale, there's only a $3 difference between the two, so it's hard to pick a winner (or more accurately, a greater loser). If we compare both toys at full RRP, and bearing in mind that motorcycle-formers are harder to do than car-formers (since there's less space in the alt mode to conceal robot parts), the One Step Changer probably offers better value (though still not good value).

My overall recommendations:
    * Avoid both toys unless you want to own this character from the show.
    * If you don't care about Airazor, just get the One Step Changer. At least the financial hurt will be a bit less, especially if you can get it on sale.
    * If you do want to get Airazor as well, then get it on sale. Do NOT pay full RRP for the Deployer!

When I went to open this toy last night I was thinking "Wow - the robot looks a helluva lot better than the Drift Deployer - this might be good"

Then I opened him and realised the deployer mechanism does not detach - what balls! It looks so stupid and unsightly sitting up over his right shoulder!

I don't mind the motorcycle mode too much - looks suitably Cybertronian and it looks like it could be a Cybertronian side-car. Not nrealy as detailed as the robot mode but with the awful backpack that is how is gonna live.

I quite like the Mini-Con, especially his leg structure, its nice to see something a bit different and it looks pretty cool. Only let-down for me is the face - looks like some bad lava-moster. And all the extra bits you can attach to him don't look as good as Drifts Mini-Con.

Overall yet another sucky installment for what is proving to be a fairly substandard cartoon and toyline. If it wasn't for the deployer in robot mode I'd say at least this is better than Drift, instead it is worse Just glad I didn't pay full price for the fragger.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    I don't mind the motorcycle mode too much - looks suitably Cybertronian and it looks like it could be a Cybertronian side-car. Not nrealy as detailed as the robot mode but with the awful backpack that is how is gonna live.
    Yeah I rather enjoy asymmetrical/Cybertronian/space/futuristic designs. I mean if the B-Wing or cloud city fighter could fly...

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Only let-down for me is the face - looks like some bad lava-moster.
    Both of Fracture's mini-cons remind me of that nasty little sod Kremzeek.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

I was seriously considering buying this but after all the glowing reviews I might skip it.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

1. When I first saw it's alt-mode I thought it was a combiner that a titan class Airachnid or Black Arachnia wears as a night slipper before going to bed/offline.

2.Lately I've been noticing a lot Fractures being left on the shelves while Drift is being snapped up.

Quote Originally Posted by shockNwave View Post
    2.Lately I've been noticing a lot Fractures being left on the shelves while Drift is being snapped up.
    Same here, although it may be the popularity of the character (re: riding on Age of Extinction's coattails) rather than the toy selling on its own merit.