View Poll Results: To Bumbee, or not to Bumblebee?

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • HELLS YEAH

48 69.57%
  • Maybe, if the Price is right

14 20.29%
  • Don't care

2 2.90%
  • Nah, Probably not matey.

4 5.80%
  • HELLS NOOOOOOOOO

1 1.45%
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy review - Masterpiece Bumblebee and Spike

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I bite the bullet and bought one. In honesty is just for scaling. I am not too all impressed with mp-10. Mp-1/4 is still the top quality of all mp.

Nothing wins that rock solid figure in my own opinion.
    Mp-10 has chest lining up issues, solid thumb, poor incomplete paint apps on tt version, dull eyes. List goes on.

The funny thing that people say about scaling is... the G1 cartoon was never consistent with scale. Both MP-1 and MP-10 are arguably in scale w/ MP Bumblebee, depending on which episode (or even scene) you're talking about. Optimus Prime massively towers over Bumblebee in "Attack of the Autobots." Unless you guys are talking about vehicle scale... I suppose MP10 would certainly be more in scale w/ the Autobot Cars and Bumblebee for the vehicle modes.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    The funny thing that people say about scaling is... the G1 cartoon was never consistent with scale. Both MP-1 and MP-10 are arguably in scale w/ MP Bumblebee, depending on which episode (or even scene) you're talking about. Optimus Prime massively towers over Bumblebee in "Attack of the Autobots." Unless you guys are talking about vehicle scale... I suppose MP10 would certainly be more in scale w/ the Autobot Cars and Bumblebee for the vehicle modes.
    Actually Gok, MP-1/4 actually scales better in alt mode than Mp-10. MP-10's truck mode is waaaaay too small to go with the MP cars.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    Mp-10 has chest lining up issues,...
    Push his chest grill in more. MP-1 is the one with chest lining up issues!

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Actually Gok, MP-1/4 actually scales better in alt mode than Mp-10. MP-10's truck mode is waaaaay too small to go with the MP cars.
    There you have it.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    Push his chest grill in more. MP-1 is the one with chest lining up issues!
    Not for me, mines perfect . I can't do any more with mp 10, is plastic, you will break it if you force it more.

To be honest, everything else was a let down when they went with plastic then smaller scale. Is a masterpiece , I expect really good diecast materials involved.

For me mp-10 is way overrated and people are so convinced by the vid reviews.
    They are forgetting how solid mp-1 is. I swear if you reversed the release people will scream more for mp-1 any day .

Of course I still like mps but I have to lower my expectations a lot more to appreciate it.

I also find that my MP1 has better chest alignment than my Hasbro MP10. IMHO MP1 is the superior figure, but MP10 is the better play set.

For me mp-10 is way overrated and people are so convinced by the vid reviews.
    They are forgetting how solid mp-1 is. I swear if you reversed the release people will scream more for mp-1 any day .
    It's not just that, MP1 is just packed with waaay more features than MP10.
    MP Optimus Prime comparison thread

Of course I still like mps but I have to lower my expectations a lot more to appreciate it.
    Put it this way, the pre-order price for an MP car can be approx. equivalent to the cost of a full sized Voyager Class figure in Australia. IMHO if I were to compare any MP car with any of the TFP or AoE Voyagers in terms of value for money, the MP cars would win every time.

So yeah, IMO the new MPs are worth it at pre-order prices, but I find them harder to justify at full RRP. Local TRU prices are just expensive. I went to TRU Parramatta today and they still have MP Prowls massively shelf-warming (as well as Sunstorm and Grimlock). But having said that, the TRU prices are okay for those who missed out on getting the TakaraTOMY release. The cars seemed to be priced at the aftermarket price for the Japanese versions, so TRU's prices are okay in that regard.

We don't know if Hasbro will be able to use the Volkswagen licence, and even if they were, whether they would still go ahead and release it; after all, Hasbro appears to have regained the Lamborghini licence (as evidenced by Age of Extinction Lockdown toys), but there's been no news (AFAIK) about Hasbro releasing MP Sideswipe or Red Alert.

Shelfwarming Grimlocks? What majiks is this?

I agree that Japanese RRp, the Mps are good value. I'd rather fork out $50 on an MP car than a normal voyager class figure.

MP10 was a bit overpriced when he first came out, but I think the look and posing of him is superior to MP01. I still love them both though.

Anyhoo, back on topic, I just can't stop playing with Bumblebee. He's just too damn awesome! So many points of articulation! So much character. I love the little guy!

Not for me, mines perfect . I can't do any more with mp 10, is plastic, you will break it if you force it more.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I also find that my MP1 has better chest alignment than my Hasbro MP10. IMHO MP1 is the superior figure, but MP10 is the better play set.
    Seriously guys, try pushing in the chest grill a little bit more, there's no risk of breakage. When it's not pushed in all the way the chest windows don't get held in the flush position and will be misaligned. MP-1's chest on the other hand is always out of alignment cause the pin position is ever so slightly off from where it needs to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Anyhoo, back on topic, I just can't stop playing with Bumblebee. He's just too damn awesome! So many points of articulation! So much character. I love the little guy!
    How long as it been since any of us have actually looked forward to a new Bumblebee toy? For the past 7 years now we've been flooded with so many Bumblebees that a lot of us are just completely over the character. But I think it's awesome that we finally have a Bumblebee toy that we can get excited about!

Of course, it's because this is a G1 Bumblebee -- who talks and has characterisation -- rather than a walking juvenile caricature who communicates through radio sound bytes or "digital farts." So yeah, I'm not only excited about getting Bumblebee, but I'm also excited by the fact that I am excited about it! My MP shelf will have one Bumblebee on it, as opposed to my movieverse section which already has an entire shelf just for my movie Bumblebees. Quality over quantity.