View Poll Results: GEN-15 DLX Dead End - worth buying?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

14 87.50%
  • Only if...

0 0%
  • No

0 0%
  • I'm not interested

2 12.50%

Thread: Toy Review - GEN-15 DLX Dead End (combiner)

Default Toy Review - GEN-15 DLX Dead End (combiner)

(Please post comments, photos or even a fully comprehensive review - these are just some brief details to start you off)
    Impressions of the group or a combiner as a whole can be posted here or in the pre-existing group review topic here if you prefer.

DEAD END
    Series - Generations
    Sub-line - Combiner Wars
    Size/class - Deluxe
    New/remould/redeco - New
    Wave - 2
    Released here - not yet (out in Asia & America Feb/Mar 2015)
    Approximate Retail Price - AU$?? (probably about $30) US$17
    Approximate Size - 15cm
    Allegiance - Decepticon
    Alt-mode - Sports car
    Main Features/Gimmicks - Combiner limb
    Main Colours - Red, bronze, grey
    Main Accessories - club, combiner fist/foot

I really like the vehicle mode, sleek, smooth, slightly wider at the back end, but something I'd love to drive... Only his lower half doesn't quite close perfectly.

The red is a little deeper than the promo pic suggests, more maroon than cherry, and there's a piece of "unpaintable" grey plastic either side, but otherwise excellent deco that reflects the G1 figure.

In bot mode he stands quite nicely, gotta be careful about getting his knees tabbed in at the right spot though. Unlike the Aerialbots and Dragstrip/Off-road his combiner post is well hidden by a chest panel, and likewise in limb mode his head is covered.

Summary: my favourite vehicle mode of wave 2, and a good solid bot mode.

Here's the next Stunticon in the Combiner Wars lineup with Dead End.

Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Dead End - YouTube

A great alt mode and a far more elegant transformation than Breakdown! Very nice! Hope you can check out the vid

Here's my review for Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Dead End. Let me know what you think.

http://youtu.be/MyeIopmxaP4

Here's my review....its a brilliant figure!

Love the creative transformation in the legs, and man does he look goooood!!!

I have TFSS: Breakdown, Universe: Drag Strip and Arms Micron: Wildrider and they are all great! The only new-ish version I had of Dead End was the Deluxe Movieverse one which isn't thrilling so was quite looking forward to this figure to fill that gap.

The robot mode: decently proportioned, decently articulated - not massively inspiring but then neither was G1 Dead End. Whilst I'm not that keen on the exhaust-club, it makes more sense that Breakdowns sword and can be attached in...

Alt-mode: Freak-in nice! I was really surprised considering how average I found the robot mode to find that the vehicle mode is super sleek and sexy! Really genuinely looks good - Dead End's best outing by far I 'd say!

Overall I think this figure is worth getting, especially so you can make Menasor. Whilst the comic has bugger-all to do with Dead End or the Combiner Wars, at least you get a cool G1/DW'ish bio on the back cover

All up, I'm giving this figure 3 1/2 roasted octomonkeys!

Being a low chassis sports car, it comes as no surprise that I can only get 3 of the wheels to touch the ground. As for the attachments, I like to place the Menasor hand which doubles as a cannon, on the roof (it's too ungainly attached to the back exhaust). As for the the club/exhaust pipe; placing it on one of the sides is naturally the best option.

Just like Firefly is easily the best Aerialbot, Dead End is easily the best Stunticon. Beautiful alt mode and an eye-catching, well proportioned, smooth looking robot mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    Just like Firefly is easily the best Aerialbot, Dead End is easily the best Stunticon. Beautiful alt mode and an eye-catching, well proportioned, smooth looking robot mode.
    indeed. He's one of my favourites