View Poll Results: GEN-15 Leader Armada Megatron - worth buying?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 25.00%
  • Only if...

6 21.43%
  • No

8 28.57%
  • I'm not interested

7 25.00%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - Generations Leader Megatron (Armada)

I feel bad for this guy, he really isn't that bad a figure but he simply doesn't compare with the G1 Megs.

A smarter tactic would be to release him first then G1 Megatron.

I'm baffled they released the 2 Megatrons in the one go. Was looking at Armada Megs again today at Target thinking wether to get him or not, but his reindeer antlers irritate me. There was 4 left of him and zero Silver G1 so he is not loved.

I love the toy to the point that I'm considering picking up the silver version, despite it not initially being on my radar, just because the mould is that good.

That said, it would seem like the easiest thing in the world to simply create a new tooling for the chest piece that more closely matches the original Armada toy. As it is, the only tooling on the whole figure which is different from his wave-mate is the head. I know that's cheap and easy (for those who need a G2 Megatron, it's SO easy to remove the head on this toy) but the only extra part it really needed to make a perfect update to Armada Megatron was the new chest. It's a little disappointing compared to some of the extensive retooling we've seen recently.

Still, Armada Megatron is awesome. G1 Megs looks good in silver, but the purple and green really pop. I love it to pieces (well, hopefully not to pieces...).

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    I love the toy to the point that I'm considering picking up the silver version, despite it not initially being on my radar, just because the mould is that good.

That said, it would seem like the easiest thing in the world to simply create a new tooling for the chest piece that more closely matches the original Armada toy. As it is, the only tooling on the whole figure which is different from his wave-mate is the head. I know that's cheap and easy (for those who need a G2 Megatron, it's SO easy to remove the head on this toy) but the only extra part it really needed to make a perfect update to Armada Megatron was the new chest. It's a little disappointing compared to some of the extensive retooling we've seen recently.

Still, Armada Megatron is awesome. G1 Megs looks good in silver, but the purple and green really pop. I love it to pieces (well, hopefully not to pieces...).
    Good Guy Zommael.

Buys the Megatron most other people don't want.

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBuyer View Post
    Good Guy Zommael.

My collection isn't for the enjoyment of most other people.

The more realistic vehicle mode ruins it for me with this Armada version. To me, Armada is all about cheesy ridicuous looking vehicles and robots. And Minicons. This new megatron's tank mode is WAY too serious for my liking.

I think they should have released it as Gen2 Megatron instead of Armada Megatron... with the green/purple camo and purple helmet head.
    It would be a shame to not have some non-Gen1 homage toys being done, but in this case, it doesn't fit the aesthetic of Armada Megatron like how Tets described above. (I love that type of tank the Armada Megatron used too.)

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBuyer View Post
    Good Guy Zommael.

However most people also basically bought a G1 Megatron action figure (not that there's anything wrong with that).

Armada Megs rocks BOTH modes like a real transformer , although most would probably mistake him for G2 Megs before Armada Megs in tank mode.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I think they should have released it as Gen2 Megatron instead of Armada Megatron... with the green/purple camo and purple helmet head.
    It would be a shame to not have some non-Gen1 homage toys being done, but in this case, it doesn't fit the aesthetic of Armada Megatron like how Tets described above. (I love that type of tank the Armada Megatron used too.)
    The trouble with that is you're just releasing two toys of the exact same character, whereas with Armada you can at least say it's two different characters, even if only because of alternate universes and different heads. G2 Megatron would have been cool, yes, but it would have to have been a later redeco rather than a wave-mate, especially given how questionable the weighting of wave 1 is.

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    My collection isn't for the enjoyment of most other people.
    The hero that we need but not the one we deserve.