View Poll Results: GEN Devastator - worth buying?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

42 84.00%
  • Only if...

2 4.00%
  • No

1 2.00%
  • Not even interested

5 10.00%
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - Combiner Wars Devastator

Quote Originally Posted by RCguy View Post
    I am so jealous of this, I have always wanted Devastator and so happy he is back. $200 is steep though!
    Actually $200 is reasonable for 6 voyager sized figures it works out to be $33 each figure. Normally voyagers at Aussie retail are between $45 - $50 each...

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Well, that should have no doubt reaffirmed to them the man that you are and that they absolutely made the right decision in letting you marry their daughter
    ha!
    10 points.

Got this guy last week and managed to get 20% off!!

WOW THIS GUY IS AMAZING!!

I'm willing to say he's the figure of the year for me, and I've bought just about all hastak releases so far.
    Love him so much I'll be keeping my takara order, I'll be getting that add on so I can have prowlstator and devastator.

Anyone else going to wait for the Unite Warrior release from Takara? Heard it has slightly better articulation with some of the individual bots and posable feet/ankles in combiner mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Winstor View Post
    Anyone else going to wait for the Unite Warrior release from Takara? Heard it has slightly better articulation with some of the individual bots and posable feet/ankles in combiner mode.
    It does. Long Haul and Scrapper have elbows, guns for the robots, and a face that can change from visor to eyes.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by Winstor View Post
    I am, I have a pre-order paid for, now I'm just waiting.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

so i got my takara version the other day, so far i've only transformed them from vehicle to robot but i love the colours and the details a couple of small gripes though, the ball joints on my Scavenger's hips/legs are pretty loose and it was REALLY difficult separating the legs on Scrapper. It was so difficult that when they finally came apart i think a sliver of plastic on the tab has peeled off or something, it looks a bit damaged it was a real pain joining the legs/groin area on Bonecrusher too. Despite that I love the heft, details and articulation. Each one is almost as tall as superion! I want to try a couple of poses and photos before i merge them.

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    Despite that I love the heft, details and articulation. Each one is almost as tall as superion! I want to try a couple of poses and photos before i merge them.
    Yeah, despite the use of hollowed out plastic, the Constructicons actually have a decent level of mass. According to BWTF's review, Hook weighs in at 176g, compared to Generations Springer who weighs 147g with his weapons! These are really satisfying Voyagers, and the fact that they can combine into a gestalt makes 'em even sweeter.

This is what the Revenge of the Fallen Constructicons should have been like.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Yeah, despite the use of hollowed out plastic, the Constructicons actually have a decent level of mass. According to BWTF's review, Hook weighs in at 176g, compared to Generations Springer who weighs 147g with his weapons! These are really satisfying Voyagers, and the fact that they can combine into a gestalt makes 'em even sweeter.

This is what the Revenge of the Fallen Constructicons should have been like.
    Weighing Transformers has to be the single worst way I can think of to classify them as satisfying. I don't own Springer, but I certainly wouldn't say that his remould, Sandstorm, is less "satisfying" than Hook, a very simple toy. Why are some collectors so obsessed with how much their toys weigh despite the differences in construction and engineering between toy lines?

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    Weighing Transformers has to be the single worst way I can think of to classify them as satisfying. I don't own Springer, but I certainly wouldn't say that his remould, Sandstorm, is less "satisfying" than Hook, a very simple toy. Why are some collectors so obsessed with how much their toys weigh despite the differences in construction and engineering between toy lines?
    The only thing I would say the weight might signify is the thickness (and potentially) the durability of the plastic used, which could give it a more satisfying feel when held, because you're not holding it like a piece of glass for example.
    www.mariokart64.com
    --------------------------------------------------------
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"
    --------------------------------------------------------