Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718

Thread: All Hail Megatron Issues 7 to 12

Thanks to Zed I finally read this.

It wasn't as cheesy as it could have been but it pretty much concluded in the same way we predicted since the first few issues only that Sparkplug delivered the ending joke, not Spike or Bumblebee . As a whole it was little more than a typical G1 two parter episode and it followed the same formula too. However to be fair it did have a few highlights in it such as the bit with Thundercracker (although this was undone my presumably having him killed) and the dialog with Megatron and Starscream which I did enjoy but again shows that McCarthy has no interest to follow continuity which seriously hurts his overall works since officially it is.

It was a lackluster end to a somewhat lackluster series and in a way this issue is very representative of the series as a whole which is a very predictable and borring formula for the overall story with a few unexpected and enjoyable highlights but ultimately unimportant.

Got #13 of AHM. Man... "f'ugly" is the word! The art for the Decepticon part was quite nice though... but yeah, the try-hard "moofie" art for the Autobot part was really cringeworthy. When I saw pics online I thought I could handle it - like a Neo-G2 art thing... but it's worse. Never thought I'd come across art that's less palatable than Manny Galan's. (T_T)