Page 18 of 72 FirstFirst ... 813141516171819202122232838 ... LastLast

Thread: The Doctor Who thread

Yeah, that's why I said "some form of contact" with the Transformers universe -- i.e. he encountered a being from the TF universe. It's closer than any other incarnation of the Doctor has ever come to "touching" the TF universe AFAIK.

Spoiler Warning: contains spoilers from the 2012 Xmas Special

Interesting to see the Great Intelligence return -- an enemy that was previously faced by the _Second_ Doctor! (first seen in the partially lost series "The Abominable Snowmen." Although the 2012 Xmas special chronologically occurs nearly a century before the Doctor first encounters them, which is why the GI doesn't recognise the Doctor, but the Doctor recognises the GI and even produces a map of the 1967 Underground where the Second Doctor had encountered the Great Intelligence (in "The Web of Fear", which was also the episode that saw the debut of the Brigadier).

Also cool to see Oswin return, even if she feels a bit like a universal singularity munchkin.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Also cool to see Oswin return, even if she feels a bit like a universal singularity munchkin.
    That suits me just fine; I like Oswin for many reasons but mainly because she is so very different from Amelia Pond , of whom I very nearly came to tears the 1st time I saw her 'farewell' episode - That close with the 'fade-to-black' of 'Young' Amy just really drove it all home.

Picked up the Legacy box set today, with jb's 20% off... now all I have to do is figure out where to put it - with the rest of season 17 stories or with the Lost in Time set?

Default The Saga Of Shada

Quote Originally Posted by snaketales View Post
    Picked up the Legacy box set today, with jb's 20% off... now all I have to do is figure out where to put it - with the rest of season 17 stories or with the Lost in Time set?
    Put the 'Shada' disc with the rest of season 17, and the '30 Years' disc between 'Survival' and the 'TV Movie'.

I used to do that when the fan was going, but that was years ago.

Who am I kidding, I still do that

Default Ex - Termination News

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    My first Doctor Who meme
    Goktimus, you'd better prepare to get the tissues out and wipe up your mess off the fan, as Raymond P. Cusick, designer of the original Daleks, has died:

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2013/02...213232008.html

Thanks Gok, I loved this and it made my day! I still have a working Amiga 500 system (with the 1 meg upgrade!) that I still play golden classics like Turrican, Robocop, shadow of the beast etc. on so I hope somebody actually makes this game!