Series – War For Cybertron
    Sub-Line - Siege
    Size/class - Deluxe
    New/remould/redeco - New
    Wave - 2
    Released here – ?? 2019?
    Approximate Retail Price - $35

'CYBERTRONIAN ALT MODE:

I like this armored van thingy. LOVE the clear inspiration from The War Within's Ironhide design, although it'd be cool this had 8 wheels too. But as is, it looks like it's tough and built to last which fits Ironhide very well. It's also nice is that the red parts are actually molded in two shades of red which makes the figure visually a bit more interesting. I wish the feet had been integrated into the alt mode a little better though.

TRANSFORMATION:

Nothing ground breaking here, pretty straight forward. I do like how the canopy rotates at an angle to become the chest, which helps define that signature chest slope in 'bot mode. Maybe I got lucky again but I had no trouble with the legs panels falling off.

'BOT MODE:

'Bot mode is the better mode of two imho. He has great proportions, stocky build, big fists and feet which all fit Ironhide perfectly. The head sculpt is again awesome. Has that mixed CHUG aesthetic with a heavier G1 influence this time around. The back of 'bot mode is... not so good, being basically a sea of hollowness.

Articulation is all around great, not Startscream great but for a Deluxe he has wrist rotation and a beautiful ankle tilt so I'm pretty happy.

The rocket launcher is quite meh. It's just at that awkward length that he has to hold straight-armed which doesn't look good with any pose really. But I have warmed up to the hammer configuration of this weapon. Probably I just need to get some Weaponizers to arm him up.

Overall Ironhide is an excellent Deluxe imo, and my experience with Seige has been two for two so far.

I think he's pretty nice (much rather have the upcoming Ratchet though).

His wildly obvious head in alt mode is a faux pas, and mine definitely has trouble with leg panels. There is a lot to like though, and it's certainly more fitting than the last Ironhide we got.

WOw, I really like both modes, but the just plastic colouring makes him rather drab, he really needs some paint on him. Might wait for the Ratchet repaint too, although I don't think I have ANY Ironhides in my collection....

He looks good, nice and burly. I can't get over the battle damage on his toes though Who aims for someone's feet?

But yes, most definitely a fan of the cleaner look, especially on the windscreen/chest when compared to a figure like Soundwave.

Got this guy today, very impressed. Size and heft are there and he just evokes the bot mode I loved seeing on TV as a kid.

Alt mode is very nice, still earthen enough to fit with my other ‘84 bots with a bit of imagination put in as well. The flaps on the side of the legs that form the side of the cab come off a bit easily, and it looks like some plastic around the joint peeled off or something. Wish there was a pin instead.

Very thrilled to have a large and in charge, definitive classics Ironhide. I honestly can’t wait for Ratchet, who should hopefully have a new, softer looking headsculpt.

Second best of the wave.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maruten View Post
    His wildly obvious head in alt mode is a faux pas
    I give it a full pass because its a loose way of homaging the diaclone face the original had, we just need it facing the other way

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Not a fan of IH, however I do like the look of this. Will still pass though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    He looks good, nice and burly. I can't get over the battle damage on his toes though Who aims for someone's feet?
    Maybe his battle damage comes from running on broken terrain...or Lego?

The leg flaps are fine on mine, but in vehicle mode I can’t get the cockpit to shut. Must be doing something wrong with the head transformation I think.

Overall he’s a little more short and stout than I’d like.

As a huge Ratchet fan (and somewhat indifferent to auto hide) I look forward to that version more.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    The leg flaps are fine on mine, but in vehicle mode I can’t get the cockpit to shut. Must be doing something wrong with the head transformation I think.

Overall he’s a little more short and stout than I’d like.

As a huge Ratchet fan (and somewhat indifferent to auto hide) I look forward to that version more.
    I had the same issue with mine. Just use a hair dryer on it to warm it up. Also give the head a good spin after so it folds in all the way forward when closing the cockpit

Awesome deluxe toy. Kinda wish it was a voyager though.

Also holds a special place in my heart from here on as it was the first “non-simplistic” TF toy that my 6 year old read the instructions and transformed by himself without first being shown how to do it.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!