3 13.64%
  • Don't buy it

0 0%
  • Doesn't interest me

2 9.09%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: (Classic) Review 10-009 - Gen1 Starscream

Quote Originally Posted by AussieJason
    As as kid the only seeker I had was Thundercracker, so at my house he did the occasional bit of plotting against Megatron instead...
    Which kinda makes sense for Thundercracker!

From Thundercracker's original tech specs:
    "Not totally convinced of the Decepticons' cause..."

...not to mention that in the Machine Wars Thundercracker's function was "Rebel Warrior" and his tech specs states:
    "...remains rebellious among his own ranks."

Mmm... rebel scum fresh...

Buy it. There's no two ways about it.

I dunno... I'm not sure if I'd recommend this toy to a non-G1 collector, especially the youngins who never grew up with G1 in the 80s. This toy holds special value for oldies like you and I because we grew up playing with it. We look at it with nostalgic fondness and appreciation for the engineering of its time.

But if I were born after the 80s and didn't grow up with G1, then I don't think I'd care for this toy. I certainly don't care much for toys that were before my time like the original 30cm G.I. Joes or Microman/Micronauts etc. I appreciate them; especially in terms of the role they play in the pre-history of Transformers, but because I never played with them as a kid I don't care enough to ever want to buy one. There are some young collectors who like collecting old vintage toys, but I find that they're exceptional.
    Last edited by GoktimusPrime; 21st January 2010 at 11:09 AM. Reason: grammar correction