Page 1 of 29 1234561121 ... LastLast

Thread: All Hail Megatron Issues 1 to 6 (Vol 1)

Default All Hail Megatron Issues 1 to 6 (Vol 1)

So the preview issue: "Focus on the Decepticons" was released this week, giving us some interviews from Writer Shane McCarthy and artist Guido Guidi, some profiles for the Decepticons that will be appearing in "All Hail" and an 8 page preview.

The interviews are pretty good, the new Decepticons are great, and Guido's art is outstanding as always.

Spoilers are below:

The story is set 1 year after the end of the "tion" stories, and "All Hail" will be in complete continuity, even though the seekers have changed their Alt modes.

The newly introduced Decepticons are: The Insecticons, and the Constructicons. Soundwave, Rumble (RED), Frenzy (BLUE), Ravage and Laserbeak all will appear as well. The Battlechargers stay dead.

The art is fantastic, the 8 page preview gives us something we have never ever seen before in a comic... human casualties. It isnt anything overly explicit, not mangled bodies lying around, but there is blood, bodies face down on the dirt, and so much destruction that unseen casualties must have occured.
    Starscream seems to be more talk, less action in All Hail, while Megatron is all action and destruction.

This story looks to be good, continuing on from the -tion series quite nicely.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Sounds interesting. I won't be picking mine up for a few weeks. Been a bit lazy lately plus I really don't have time to read much lately either w/ job hunting and all.

One thing that gets me is they're maintaining it's in continuity. I don't think that can withstand the test of time in the long run. It just reads way more like a what if than part of the Furman verse. So a lot is going to happen in the FUrman verse but nothing on Earth? Hard to believe imo

Well. Found the thread so i'll continue it -

as it stands it doesn't directly continue from the "ation" series, but for me, I still like it as a #1 issue.

i'm very visual with my comic reading (and life) and so it worked really well, without a heap of story, dialogue, or answers, really it sets up the new cast and some of the context.

The Cons are smacking down Earth, whilst the Bots are licking their wounds on Cybertron.
    Obviously, this has questions - how are the bots living on Cybertron? (Although we do know that Hound and his crew set themselves up safely on there, in Spotlight: Galvatron i believe).

I'm very interested to see where this goes in #2 and #3.
    Twit and insta @lukeabarnett

Quote Originally Posted by bassbot View Post
    Well. Found the thread so i'll continue it -

as it stands it doesn't directly continue from the "ation" series, but for me, I still like it as a #1 issue.

Obviously, this has questions - how are the bots living on Cybertron? (Although we do know that Hound and his crew set themselves up safely on there, in Spotlight: Galvatron i believe).

I'm very interested to see where this goes in #2 and #3.
    Yeah I'm trying to figure out is this part of the main story or a what if or prallel universe like Hearts of Steel? I totaly agree with STL on this, it doesn't feel like the IDWverse at all.

All hail Megatron #1 seems very G1 or Dreamwave-esque with a dash of live action movie homages (the jet scenes). Megatron and Starscream have returned to thier cartoon style inane banter. If this is indeed a continuation of the main comic series then I'm unimpressed, as it seems to have thrown out a lot of the clever ideas from the previous stories and just gone for a simple G1 re-hash. But I guess I'll wait and see.
    Last edited by Lord_Zed; 20th July 2008 at 08:14 PM.

Potential spoilers... This week's Spotlight Hardhead suggests how Optimus Prime ends up in All Hail Megatron.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Potential spoilers... This week's Spotlight Hardhead suggests how Optimus Prime ends up in All Hail Megatron.
    Right you are Paulbot. And thats part of what bugs me.

More possible spoilers: Seeing Prime in his current state and Sunstreaker back etc means we know which characters live and which die so some of the suspense of future stories is removed. Seeing Sunstreaker means we can assume that Hot Rod is successfull rescuing Sunstreaker and most probably defeating the Machination (No doubt with Grimlocks help).

But still this is only the first issue. And it's really all flash and bang. I'll wait till next issue when perhaps we start to learn what the story is.

On another note Spotlight Hardhead was awesome! I like they way they gave him some personality. I also enjoyed the broard spectrum of chracters that showed up. I do hope there not going to rush the story to gel with All hail Megs though, cause that would suck. When Devils Due reformated thier G.I Joe comic from G.I Joe to America's Elite they took a fairly epic storyline and finished it all up in one rather rushed feeling unsatisfying issue. In which the Joe's defeated Cobra Comanders most grand scheme just by doing a Rambo, and busting in and shooting, yawn.

This story felt like a separate continuity to me *shrug*

I was totally under the impression that it was a different continuity, a 'What if' story.

I have not read it but all previews, advertisement, Furman comments, etc have pointed that it was i a continuity of its own and frankly from the bare concept of it (Decepticons win total control) it can't fit anywhere.

Very nice artwork. Will be interesting to see what happens next.

(Still have not picked up Spotlight: Hardhead yet.)

human casualties.... and they call themselves decepticons
    hmph pffft yeah right not enough... thats all the damage these "giant robots" can do pffft.Someone loses a ketchup smeared pair of shoes ( dirge?) Not even a few dead bodies lying around, ha! Are their targeting systems so dysfunctional they cant hit a teensy weensy human with those big laser pistol, actually making a dent or mebbe loose a limb in the process? Its not much to ask after all there are a lot of humans scurrying around in the city a few dead in the process wont matter so much. Then Megsy blasts a building down, whoop big deal, not a single dangling body or a burning husk even falling from the window ( which I might add are still intact after taking such a forceful blast, nah.... not enough i say. This like so tamed, Im waiting for Bambi to show up......
    Last edited by liegeprime; 20th July 2008 at 10:23 PM.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]