Thread: LEGO Dimensions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default LEGO Dimensions

Lego is releasing a "toys to life" game this September (probably October for us) on all the major game consoles. For those that don't know about "toys to life" it's a type of video game that comes with a NFC reader in the form of "portal" that you put actual toys with a NFC chip in it on and the toy shows up in the video game. Lego will be selling special sets to use with the game and the portal. It's $99 USD, $40 more than Skylanders or Disney Infinity.

http://www.lego.com/en-us/dimensions
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Yeah it does sound interesting. My daughter did some product testing for this a few months ago. She said you build lego sets. Put them on the portal and can play them in the game. She is 9 so did not get much info from her sadly.

Pricing will be key, Skylanders was a huge success but as we have all seen recently the shelves are full of figures that no one wants or can afford or both. Disney infinity flooded the shelves as well but the demand was not met. (Now the same with the inferior Mario Party versions of the Amiibo)

Hopefully the lego brand will be strong enough to not suffer the same fate as Skylanders and Infinity. Hopefully the gameplay will be good enough to bring people back and the models available will be strong enough on their own to also sell to those with no interest in the game.

Game itself should be good, especially if travellers tales are involved, I have enjoyed every lego game they have made (only not played Hobbit, as it only runs through the first two movies!)
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

|Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

EB Orders are up

170 for the "game"
    50 for Level pack
    40 for Team pack
    25 for Character "fun" Pack

For $170 I really hope it breaks the standard lego gameplay template.