Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TFPrime First Edition figures out in America

Default TFPrime First Edition figures out in America

Earlier than BBTS was listing (January), the First Edition Deluxes are now out in America, including TRU online.

Now for the 4 MONTH wait until TFPrime toys show up here (and probably not the First Edition either).

Since Hasbro Australia wouldn't say if the March release includes the First Edition figures, I'd recommend getting any you are keen on, as soon as the price comes down on the secondary market... because if they don't show up here in March, these First Edition figures are likely to be sold out globally by then, and be going way up in price.

What's the difference between the "First Edition" and later releases? will they just be later runs? Repaints? New and possibly better figures?

Quote Originally Posted by Tallestblue View Post
    What's the difference between the "First Edition" and later releases? will they just be later runs? Repaints? New and possibly better figures?
    First edition figures are the blue packaged ones. Deluxe Bumblebee, Arcee, Starscream, Cliffjumper etc. Possibly Vehicons and zombie CJ as well later.

From what I understand, the main line will be called "Robots in Disguise.' The first wave of that will be new molds of BB and CJ, and Wheeljack and Soundwave. I think these guys will be in different packaging too.

It'll be interesting if Hasbro Australia decides to start with the preview waves in March. Then we'd be permanently behind the rest of the world! (Just for something different. )

No one knows yet if the First Edition figures will be released in the regular waves, or if they will be redecoed in any way (they are all main cast characters, so you'd have to think that they will indeed be re-released in some way).

We've seen that the Cliffjumper mould in the First Edition wave is different to the Cliffjumper being released in the regular waves. And it looks like the Wave 1 Bumblebee has some mould changes to the First Edition version... so maybe none of the First Edition figures will be re-released exactly the same in the regular waves?

Since I'm a completist, I just won't be taking the chance by waiting until March (and I'm too impatient, if I see other people around the world getting them right now).

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    We've seen that the Cliffjumper mould in the First Edition wave is different to the Cliffjumper being released in the regular waves. And it looks like the Wave 1 Bumblebee has some mould changes to the First Edition version... so maybe none of the First Edition figures will be re-released exactly the same in the regular waves?
    Wow, and at first glance it looks like quite a down-grade in the main line for both of them . Weird, since WJ and SW both look phenomenal.

First Editions for me.

I've seen a few Americans tweeting that Toys R Us has a "Buy one, get one 50% off" deal for the new Prime toys. How nice for them!

Well I ended up buying a Starscream for the blue packaging, but I know I will be so tempted to open it when it arrives. I think I will wait though to find out if there is a mold or repaint difference though. If not, I'll just open a regular edition to play with.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

It looks like the 2nd Version of Bumblebee comes with two cannon dealies, but I could have sworn the 1st edition was meant to as well?

Well ToysRUs have starscream, arcee and bumblebee for 12.99
    Anyone who doesn't mind using a freight forwarder (I use shipito dot com,
    but I know other members have used different forwarders as well) it makes
    it much cheaper than robotkingdom's price, and bigbad have sold out and only have preorders for the next round.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    Well ToysRUs have starscream, arcee and bumblebee for 12.99
    Anyone who doesn't mind using a freight forwarder (I use shipito dot com,
    but I know other members have used different forwarders as well) it makes
    it much cheaper than robotkingdom's price, and bigbad have sold out and only have preorders for the next round.
    Bbts have not received their stock, that preorder is still for the first round, not expected to arrive until January apparently.

RK's price is for the Takara versions, they have sold out of the Hasbro cases.