Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: stupid uni assignment - programming

Default stupid uni assignment - programming

first assignment of the semester, sucks cause i was relaxing till now and i'll actually have to do some work.. gotta make a game in lisp, stupidest programming language ever... meh its gotta be done i guess..

just thought you'd all like to know haha.. and vent frustrations about your own assignments or work you may have to do..

ahh 2 tests, 3 assigments due in the coming week thermodynamics for which ive been to one lecture and have no idea whats going on :P

missing school so much, where my assignments didnt matter at all, only the exams

4 mid sems, 1 down, 2 assignments coming up. Been so slack and now everything is catching up, time to cram baby and learn the first half of every subject in 3 days! wooo

Quote Originally Posted by jacksplatt11 View Post
    first assignment of the semester, sucks cause i was relaxing till now and i'll actually have to do some work.. gotta make a game in lisp, stupidest programming language ever... meh its gotta be done i guess..

just thought you'd all like to know haha.. and vent frustrations about your own assignments or work you may have to do..
    need help?? hahaha lisp...an old programming language, who uses that now?

Quote Originally Posted by iceburn View Post
    need help?? hahaha lisp...an old programming language, who uses that now?
    i dunno, stupid people... and our AI lecturer haha... na im sure its ok and has its advantages, but im used to java and some c++ and stuff so the syntax is a bit weird with the brackets and all that... yeah its like the oldest language still actively used today, or something like that.. i dont like it anyway

Quote Originally Posted by k.wong23 View Post
    4 mid sems, 1 down, 2 assignments coming up. Been so slack and now everything is catching up, time to cram baby and learn the first half of every subject in 3 days! wooo
    hehe i did that except my exams were on 2 years worth of material at the end of year 12, so i had to cram 2 years worth of stuff for 6 subjects with about 3 days before each exam. still havent learnt my lesson tho :P

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by jacksplatt11 View Post
    i dunno, stupid people... and our AI lecturer haha... na im sure its ok and has its advantages, but im used to java and some c++ and stuff so the syntax is a bit weird with the brackets and all that... yeah its like the oldest language still actively used today, or something like that.. i dont like it anyway
    Yea, I hate it when they push that crap too when they try and get you to know some thing you've never heard of before.

"Oh it's an old still used language"!

Or:

"It's a new upcoming next gen language"

Once you're done, you'll never hear of it again.

The only languages worth knowing are html, xml, c/++, .net. I wouldn't even bother starting to devote any attention to any other.

I did some Uni class last year on some language I can't even remember what it was called now. It had a total lack of definition and to me, it was the hardest bit of crap to try and learn. Funny enough it was actually very very simple in its structure, and that's what made it so hard for me to understand. I just gave up on it and chose the fail.

You should just do the assignment in java.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

i did information methods - i ain't even gonna bother explaining what that subject was about
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion

MV75, i would love to do it in java but unfortunately the main idea of the assignment is to do it in lisp, so don't really have a choice haha... but you're exactly right, but if you don't learn the stuff to do the assignments and exams, you don't pass.. and yeah i wanna pass otherwise it'll be a waste of money haha..

lisp can't be as bad as assembler when it comes to programming languages .... can it?

Assembler is like 1 or 2 levels only above machine code, hahah. If you go below that you get binary code, and then if you go one more down you get gates and switches, and then electronic signals.