View Poll Results: US MP Rodimus - worth buying?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

34 69.39%
  • Only if (something)

5 10.20%
  • No

2 4.08%
  • Not interested

2 4.08%
  • Prefer/Already have JP version

6 12.24%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - (Hasbro) MP Rodimus Prime

For the people who already have this in hand, how would you describe the quality and colour of the plastic? Is it glossy rich red or appropriately masterpiecey, or that kinda dull red Hasbro uses sometimes?

Quote Originally Posted by nyerk View Post
    For the people who already have this in hand, how would you describe the quality and colour of the plastic? Is it glossy rich red or appropriately masterpiecey, or that kinda dull red Hasbro uses sometimes?
    I would say a flat red. I quite like it.

I think his alt mode whilst nice pretty much sux to transform neatly. That said Roddy looks fabulous in his bot mode & is the most poseable TF I have got.

Picked mine up yesterday. Not bad. Instructions were of no help at all in transforming him. Going to have another crack to see if I can get him into alt mode later. Gave up last night.
    Hot Rod to Rodimus Prime transformation while nice isn't required with this version as I don't think it works well without the trailer.
    Offshoot is a welcome addition.
    Overall worth the $80 I paid for him and the 2 hour train trip.

Yay, mine has an assembly error. Both the forearm pipes (which become the front exhaust pieces in car mode) are right sided, which is fine on the right side but makes the left side gappy, disjointed and asymmetrical.

Lucky I kept my receipt.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Wheeee! Got mine today! love it to bits, a lot of teh Rodimus issues are sorted out and aside from some messing about with placement of his feet, he feels pretty damn fine!!

After working out where those stickers were supposed to go, I slapped them on. They look pretty good in robot mode, however they are also visible in vehicle mode. Hmm, not too sure I like that as it takes your view away from the flames as they sit right next to them on the side of the bonnet.

Hmmm, to take off because of the vehicle mode, or leave on for robot mode.. (which he will probably spend most of his time as.

the Targetmaster is pretty awesome I have to say! I just wished he clipped together a bit more solidly and looked less like a box with some barrels sticking out the front.

Despite these minor quibbles, I say get one. Even if you have Rodimus Convoy, you can now have Rodimus Prime and Hot Rod standing next to each other, in a time destroying pose!

Or like the Commodore 64 game...

I've (not yet anyway) had any of the QC issues that have been reported. Aside from the exhaust pipe factory error everything fits together well and nothing scrapes on the floor when its in car mode. It poses well and is nicely proportioned, and I love the targetmaster.

Criticisms

The vehicle mode is a bit gappy and doesn't look very sleek.

The arms can't support the weight of the guns (specifically the joints that make up his elbow)

I feel the way the shin plates lock to the underside of the car could lead to long term stress (I feel that I'm stretching them into position basically).

Overall: Nice, definitely worth the $80. Use kid gloves when playing with it.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by ITZTRU View Post
    They look awesome displayed together I reckon too

My goodness the Takara one looks horrible!

I'm not into the Masterpiece guys, but the Hasbro one is far superior looking, which seems almost counter-intuitive from what I know of TF toys.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Finally, after days of frustration, I got him into car mode properly. Now I like him.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post

The arms can't support the weight of the guns (specifically the joints that make up his elbow)

I was going to call this too but upon transforming him back into bot mode I found that the elbows magically worked. I think rodimus was packaged with the elbows jigged in the 'slack' position. You should try playing around with his elbows to see if they will work for you.