Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia

Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia (otca.com.au) > News > Optimus Prime's Movies News

Sightings/Sales

Old 10th January 2018, 08:07 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
He looks a bit short and fat.
That was my first impression as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
Disappointing that the side cannons don't seem to have anywhere to hide in truck mode.
Yeah, they really blatantly hang off the sides eh! Makes my Voyager version look awesome in comparison

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
it's pretty clear they are prioritising the bot mode on these figures
Yeah - first Dinobot and now this. Alt-modes are definitely taking a back seat for the MP's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent View Post
I've been looking for excuses to cut back my collecting and between Barricade and now Ironhde, I've found all I need to confidently not continue with the MPM line.
I know I'm saving a few bucks by sticking the G1 inspired MP's rather than the Diaclone, Beast Wars and Movieverse characters. Which I spose balances out just how much more they are charging for a MP these days
That said, I couldn't resist getting Exhaust as well as Road Rage when she was going super cheap

Err... reading this back I haven't added much to the conversation - just agreed a lot with all of you

Follow on FB: BigAngryTrev Twitter: @BigAngryTrev and Tumblr: BigAngryTrev!

Toy Reviews: SFII Transformers, POTP Optimal & Unicronus
Articles: Sophie Monk to play Octopunch in movie?
Old 10th January 2018, 08:11 AM
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member

I quite like it. The 'stumpy' look seems to be more prominent when Ironhide is being photographed from high angles. It isn't so bad when you look at him front-on.

I'm assuming the cannons are detachable - not only would it make sense to have a clean vehicle mode like Bumblebee and Optimus, but they're reversed on that display model. The cannon with the cylinders around the main barrel should be on his right arm.
Old 10th January 2018, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent View Post
I've been looking for excuses to cut back my collecting and between Barricade and now Ironhde, I've found all I need to confidently not continue with the MPM line.

To me it seems the line peaked with Bumblebee at the beginning and is just sliding downhill from there.
Yep im just keeping my MPM Bee and if i get a cheaper Barricade i would replace my KO Human Alliance one. Other figs I will stick with my old toys
Old 10th January 2018, 01:51 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

I realise some aren't that impressed with this but personally considering real world engineering / mechanical limitations I think TakTom have absolutely nailed this. I cannot wait to put Ironhide alongside Bee, OP and the upcoming Barricade.
I really love that they have captured his squat strongman look with the broad shoulders and huge melon head
Old 10th January 2018, 03:19 PM

Reminds me of the little Robot Heroes Ironhide.
Old 10th January 2018, 07:43 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

I like these MPM figures from 3 onwards, but I can't justify spending any money on them.
Old 10th January 2018, 08:09 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

I don't really see peoples problem with this toy, it looks more like Movie Ironhide than any previous toy I've seen, if you are in to that, and I
m not sure I am, but the transformations on these things make me curious.
Old 10th January 2018, 08:40 PM

Bot mode looks fine to me, but those guns seriously need to be detachable from tbe vehicle or else that’s a big no for me.
Old 11th January 2018, 12:28 AM
Rank 3 - Basic Member

I'm pretty sure the cannons will be removable, besides primes vehicle mode weapon storage is literally sticking off the back of the truck in a not subtle way either. Bumblebee is the only one who had actual integrated weapon storage.

My only gripe about Ironhide was the face which I never noticed was partially damaged, kind of hoping its reversible or theres a symmetrical version.

Pretty happy with the MPM series so far. hoping to at least have the full set of 07 bots. keen to see more cons after barricade
Old 11th January 2018, 08:13 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

I like his proportions and truck mode is nice and high. I wish they showed it in car mode with Bee AND Optimus.

I dislike his folded arm panels, his feet, and how prominent his toes look in vehicle mode. These things are too inaccurate or lazy for a Masterpiece.

Also, I have not been impressed with the paint jobs on any of these Bay MPs and Ironhide is perhaps the biggest let down. A lot of detail is just plastered over with grey or completely inaccurate.

Like the rest of the Bay MPs, i will wait for a release with a better paintjob (is battle-worn repaints?) or improvements like moving the arm panels to his back.

I wonder if “unifying the brand” has impacted these figures, the Bay MPs just seem a little off.

Last edited by Deonasis; 11th January 2018 at 05:21 PM.