View Poll Results: RID-2015 Toyline - how does it rate after the first wave or two?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Best ever toyline

1 5.56%
  • Good (more hits than misses)

6 33.33%
  • Average

7 38.89%
  • Bad (more misses than hits)

4 22.22%
  • Worst ever toyline

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Robots In Disguise 2015 toys - general/group comments, review links & official pics

I got the first wave of Warriors and One-Step Changers today. Thankfully for free courtesy of a friend in the U.S.

Grimlock is the only Warrior I've opened so far, and I've posted my thoughts in the relevant review thread. I've opened the One-Step Changers and my thoughts are:

• Underbite: Rubbish. Transforms from a ... umm... something with wheels to a... umm... something with a mouth and ... are those legs? The spring loaded transformation gimmick is prone to popping out if you don't squeeze in at the exact location.

• Bumblebee: Better than I expected and pretty cool for a One-Stepper; I like how the the toy can transform back and forth from a 'standing' position, giving it a certain air of realism

• Strongarm: Very interesting transformation, but disappointing robot mode.

• Sideswipe: Same "switchblade" concept that we saw w/ AoE High Octane Bumblebee and car-Drift, but the joints on mine are rather stiff so that it doesn't quite flick in and out all the way. Not sure if this is just isolated to my figure or an actual design flaw -- anyone else experiencing this?

Looking at the warriors and the cartoon, Strongarm looks pretty good. Bumblebee's decent, but missing that bulk he has in the show. If I get any toy from this show at all, it'll likely be Strongarm.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

I'm going the Takara TAV and TED route with these guys.

Only a couple of weeks left to go until the flood of the Japanese toys... but for now, more of the Hasbro One-Steps.

Wave 2 has Grimlock, Steeljaw, and the remaining main cast member to not have a toy in the first wave of toys, Fixit.

Engineering for these can be quite impressive to do a complete transformation in one step, so the gimmick might be simple on paper, but the design and application of the
    gimmick is nothing to be easily dismissed.
    Unfortunately, the resulting modes can suffer to achieve that transformation... some with massive kibble.

Grimlock - great transformation, from decent dino to a robot mode that doesn't have any kibble sticking out. I was very impressed at how it just folds in on itself to transform.
    Fixit - the toy and alt mode was never going to be anything spectacular, but it is good to finally get the last of the Autobot main cast. Robot mode has a fair bit of
    kibble at the back though.
    Steeljaw - transforms like you are shelling a crab, but unfortunately it means that "shell" is sticking way out the back to represent the tail that the other Steeljaw toys
    have (their tails are small and thin, this one is big and flat).

(ignore the shelf label, as the gimmick toys will go on a separate shelf when this shelf gets too crowded for all RID toys to fit on it)

I too have ordered the TAV stuff, just wondering when they are going to do Sideswipe?

the torture of others sparks is music to my sensors!!!

I'd really see more of the Decepticons being released as transformation action figures, and not just those Tiny Titans PVCs.

Got Underbite the other day. Pretty crap, even for a one-step changer. You can plainly see his face side on when in his Cybertronian tank mode

Just be careful with transforming it, as it's gearing isn't too strong, so it can easily go out of alignment and be difficult to realign so that it will transform completely and stay in both modes.
    It's the one drawback of these one-steps, if you try to transform it before you see what parts are supposed to be grabbed and moved, it can affect the gearing.
    Aside from that, I love the engineering of the one-steps... because when the two modes are good or excellent, there is a lot going on inside the toy to make that happen.

A sea of yellow, with it all being released within the first two waves of each size class... AND the photo is still missing the 2 Kreons, the Kreo car, the 6-inch Titan and the Hero Masher. (the last two I don't yet have)

Just to offset it a little, here's Optimus after the same amount of time, and also missing the same items as Bumblebee.
    Just like with Rescue Bots, a character with just a couple of cameo appearances almost has the most amount of toys of all the characters.

Some of the other characters who have the most toys...

Everything I have so far for RID, except the Kreo (on another display case) and the Super sized Bumblebee (on the top of the display case).

The Kreo shelf...

Got my hands on the power armored Sideswipe. Bought it primarily to repaint but also customise the joints are tighter than I was led to believe and I like that the sword can be stored in bot mode