View Poll Results: To Bumbee, or not to Bumblebee?

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • HELLS YEAH

48 69.57%
  • Maybe, if the Price is right

14 20.29%
  • Don't care

2 2.90%
  • Nah, Probably not matey.

4 5.80%
  • HELLS NOOOOOOOOO

1 1.45%
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Toy review - Masterpiece Bumblebee and Spike

Are the faction logos stickers or tampos, Gok?

Quote Originally Posted by millhouse View Post
    Are the faction logos stickers or tampos, Gok?
    No, they're stickers. You can choose either G1 or G2 logos. I went with G2 but stuck a G1 one on the jet pack; )

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I hope they're paying attention to this for Ironhide - thanks to the silver paint, the difference is so pronounced it makes it look like a different sculpt - and about a thousand times better.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateGalvatron View Post
    The G2 one looks better IMO
    When I remove my rose-tinted G1 bias glasses, I absolutely agree. But as a representation of the G1 character (which is a core appeal about the MP line for many collectors), I'd say that the original is better. But objectively speaking, looking at each toy on their own isolated merit as just toys, the G2 one does look nicer. My brain prefers G2, but my heart prefers G1.
    Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    I hope they're paying attention to this for Ironhide - thanks to the silver paint, the difference is so pronounced it makes it look like a different sculpt - and about a thousand times better.
    Aaah, such is the difference between going for toy-accuracy vs show-accuracy. Both the G1 and G2 Bumblebee toys have silver faces, but of course, Sunbow gave Bumblebee a white face in the cartoon. Could be weirder... they could make a comic-accurate MP Bumblebee with a yellow face!

My G2 came today ..... wish the gold was more shiny or even chrome gold would of been better ....

So my G2 Bee arrived yesterday, my excitement slightly soured by a cracked wheel, but otherwise very impressed with my first MP figure.

For something that's smaller than a lot of my other figures, to have this much detail, arriculation and engineering is pretty astonishing.

Quite happy with the tone and shininess of the paint job, going full G2 chrome would probably have been a little too over the top - there's just enough shiny to reflect the G2 origins, but not so much the paintjob is unrealistic.

Colour me (mostly) happy

Looks the goods, just a shame im not a huge fan of his vehicle mode. Definitely will be getting but not before I get my MP11 set.

just realised today while moving everything around that he can't hold any other MP guns :/

Price of being a much smaller bot.

I've found most of the MPs I have won't hold others' weapons, handle might be similar, but the groove/post thickness is off a little (only tried with Hot Rod, Lambor and Tracks)

So to my eyes, while it seems to be the same type of grip system in use, each bot's weapons are designed for them alone.