Page 18 of 154 FirstFirst ... 813141516171819202122232838 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie Critics Thread

I watched Paranormal Activity 3 the other day. It was alright, not too scary, just a tiny bit creepy and in-explainable. I really liked the camera capture style that they used, though kind of predictable.
    I had a hunch it was possessing the bear at first.
    Anyway, 3/5 stars for me. I haven't seen the first 2, but I know it has some connection to the first two.

If anyone has the opportunity in Sydney or Melbourne to checkout the movie in my Sig, please do! - I want to see it hopefully before I go in for eye surgery on the 12th.

Just watched Exit Through The Gift Shop. A Banksy film.
    A heart-warming film about how some people can be total douche-bags/rip off merchants their whole life and not even realise.

If you like your street art you might like this , a bit slow in parts but worth a watch.

p.s. Banksy rocks.

With Michael Bay's new film 'Pain and Gain' coming out this year about roid-raging robbers doing a botched robbery I decided to research the supposed 'based on a true story' and found the actual article in which it is based on here:

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/1999-12-23/news/pain-gain/

Going to be interesting seeing how the movie portrays these real people....

Just watched the Hobbit. There was a bit of filler I thought, probably to tie it to the LOTR but I didn't mind it. Returning to that world was fantastic and even though it ran for nearly 3 hours I was surprised how quickly that went. So much so that I found the ending quite abrupt.
    Still I enjoyed it immensely and can't wait for the next installment.

Quote Originally Posted by gamblor916 View Post
    There was a bit of filler I thought, probably to tie it to the LOTR but I didn't mind it.
    You know what's awesome, I had a LOTR marathon yesterday and was amazed at the number of references made towards The Hobbit. Rewatch them all and you'll see what I mean.

(I'm aware that the fiction was established well before the movies for anyone wanting to point that out to me ).
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    You know what's awesome, I had a LOTR marathon yesterday and was amazed at the number of references made towards The Hobbit. Rewatch them all and you'll see what I mean.

(I'm aware that the fiction was established well before the movies for anyone wanting to point that out to me ).
    I'm actually going to live for once and watch all of FOTR. I should be able to get through it, though I find it easier to watch long movies in the cinema.
    Wish me luck.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post

Good idea. I'll have to set aside a 9 hour block to do just that

End of Watch. See it. NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by gamblor916 View Post
    Good idea. I'll have to set aside a 9 hour block to do just that
    Make sure you have a comfortable couch or you'll pay for it later
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Finished watch Fellowship of the Ring. Good movie. Especially after watching the Hobbit. The start was a bit confusing but it really got into it around the middle and late parts. Now I have to put aside even more time to watch the Two Towers. Is it any better?