Page 24 of 105 FirstFirst ... 41419202122232425262728293444 ... LastLast

Thread: The Price Check/What is it worth Thread

hey 5FDP..... thanks mate, really appreciate it! ( thats twice! your gonna have to start charging me soon....lol )

i sooooo owe you a cup of coffee and a man hug if we ever meet up

janda

Hi Goktimusprime, Man i am impressed. Can I just message you direct next time.lmao. Hope this dosn't translate as sarcasm but well written is an understatment.

You combined buyers psycology and generic collectors agenda with basic economics in such an easy to understand way , I feel mildly retarded for even asking in the first place.

You're very welcome janda
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Default Ganbo Henkei's - any way to tell if fake without opening?

Hi Everyone,

I have just received afew henkei thundercrackers & have read about the fakes out there. I'm just wondering if there is a definitive way to tell if these are fakes or not with them still MISB?

There was a binaltech comparison I remember reading a couple of years ago and was amazed (fake v the real thing) the differences were there but it was very small and subtle like a letter was the wrong thickness and stuff similar that i honestly wouldnt have known the difference.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Havok

There's a discussion thread about KO Gentei Thundercracker here. Not sure about KO Binaltechs, but the TFwiki page on KOs has a bunch of external links that might help <shrug> Otherwise maybe start a thread on the KO ID section of the board about it and see if anyone else can help

Hey guys: Classics/Henkei Ramjet how much is this guy worth right now loose? There's a thread on this at TFW right now because MISB he's going for around $70-100 on ebay!

The reason I ask is because Henkei Ramjet is one of the first figures I bought when I officially got back into collecting about 18 months ago, and I only payed $25-30 all up MISB. And I even left him sealed for a couple of months before I finally caved in to temptation and put him up on display. And as you can guess right now I am thoroughly kicking myself for opening him up!!

Also I've seen even higher prices for the Ironhide/Ratchet mold up to $200 what is this madness?

I paid $50 for a MOSC Henkei Ramjet two months ago - which I thought was a bargain at the time since I was monitoring them for ages.

So IMHO:

Henkei = $70 for MOSC and $40 for loose
    Classics = $50 for MOSC and $25 for loose

I also purchased a MOSC Ratchet a few months ago for about $80.

Henkei Ironhide & Ratchet have shot up in price - commanding about $100+ each for a MOSC one at the moment (if you can find one that is).

If recent ebay activity is anything to go by, you're looking at AU$60 for a MOSC Henkei Ramjet. Classics Ramjet is too hard to say, loose and boxed versions sell for anywhere between $35-80.

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Prime View Post
    I paid $50 for a MOSC Henkei Ramjet two months ago - which I thought was a bargain at the time since I was monitoring them for ages.

So IMHO:

Henkei = $70 for MOSC and $40 for loose
    Classics = $50 for MOSC and $25 for loose

I also purchased a MOSC Ratchet a few months ago for about $80.

Henkei Ironhide & Ratchet have shot up in price - commanding about $100+ each for a MOSC one at the moment (if you can find one that is).
    Ah I see, personally I just don't get it, I prefer the paint scheme on the newer Dirge or the modified mold on Thrust, to me Ramjet is the weakest of the 3 (though he's the oldest I guess).

But I was even more surprised about Classics Ratchet/Ironhide, since the mold itself seemed to receive a lot of negative feedback when it was released, and it wasn't all that long ago the Hasbro Toy Store still had them for $15.00 ea, I guess it's all the more reason to get guys like Wheeljack and Warpath now, to avoid a similar situation.

It's funny how Henkei Hound used to command sky high prices too, but then TakTomy decided to re-release him and he's pretty much a peg warmer overseas nowadays - so all hope is not lost yet.