Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: OLYMPICS

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pulse View Post
    So how many athletes you reckon will need help breathing after their event...?
    More like how many atheletes will be permanently impared after the games?

I can also picture the opening ceremony, the flashes of fireworks will be like flashes of lightning in thick clouds.
    ________
    Ford Model T History
    Last edited by MV75; 11th March 2011 at 10:24 AM.

Beijing is on Perth time so the games will be on a good primetime schedule. Also means Channel 7 wont be playing 12 hour old replays of everything all day like they did for Athens. SBS is helping out too, so we might actually get to see sports like Handball where Australia does not dominate (or in Handballs case, even play).

Chance of rain for the Opening Ceremony, it'll be interesting to see if it throws a spanner in the works.

And as for per capita medals DD, I'm sure that no-one comes even close to us in that aspect! Here's hoping the UK flounder for yet another games!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

no sleep tonight??

i have probably only 1 thing to say about the olympics

its mostlikely going to take my boston legal off for 2 weeks so im a little bit mad but other than that i welcome it with all of chinas fogginess lol

it will be funny seeing how different althetes decide to protest against China (People are protesting for democratic change, Chinese people who get defensive that people are bad-mouthing China are not realising people are saying bad things because of the communist government and not China as a country.When reports show Chinese people supporting this communist government ,off course it is going to send negative messages about the type of people in China.
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion

even our McDonalds Animated Toys released have been taken over by the Olympic dolls

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwarp View Post
    B O Y C O T T ! !
    Not exactly, but I didn't bother watching it while it was literally just outside 8 years ago so I'm not going to bother this time either.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Australia's media obsession with the Olympics is boring. We'll win a bunch of medals in sports that noone cares about at any other times. We'll do quite well too, because no other country sends such a ridiculously large team (relative to population).

So that I can keep things interesting for myself, I'm going to follow that great Aussie tradition of supporting the underdog... so I'm backing a country I know nothing about.

Go Malawi!

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

ボスニア・ヘルツェゴビナ頑張れ!