Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Mortal Kombat Movie?

Quote Originally Posted by gantz View Post
    OK, Jeri Ryan revealed on her twitter page that it is indeed a pitch for a new movie.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=66904
    A pitch that hopefully will go ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    He is not exactly one of the bad guys more of a resurrected spirit seeking vengeance. And he is indeed a Zombie and at the end of the video it is revealed that he is.
    Not Zombie dudes, Spectre - sort of a Ghost (Spirit) that is manifested physically but retains some of it's non-physical traits and abilities.

Indeed this new 'featurette' is a departure, though so was Annihilation in terms of a decent movie.

I loved the 1st Movie Adaptation of the game franchise that ranks as my favourite console franchise (equal with Sonic The Hedgehog) and if this new movie pitch re-instates the franchise to where it should be then I'm all for it so long as certain core aspects remain, such as the Sub-Zero/Scorpion rivalry, Shang Tsung/Lui Kang rivalry, other Realms and GORO!.

Indeed the Johnny Cage vs. Baraka fight was freakin' awesome, especially the part where Johnny loses his head! (I friggin' hate Shadow Kicks!)

I hope this is just a taste of what's to come and that lessons learnt from:
    - Mortal Kombat: Annihilation
    - Street Fighter: The Movie
    - DOA (Holly Valance is Hawt!)
    Are not repeated!, we need a "Flawless Victory".

The purist in me screams NOOOOOO! but I would totally watch this even if its MK in name only.