View Poll Results: LG-EX Black Convoy worth buying?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes! Car Robots 4 life!

2 50.00%
  • I might pick him for the right price.

1 25.00%
  • Nope.

0 0%
  • Not even interested.

1 25.00%

Thread: Toy Review - Takara Tomy Legends LG-EX Black Convoy

Default Toy Review - Takara Tomy Legends LG-EX Black Convoy

Series - Takara Legends
    Sub-line - EX
    Size/class - Deluxe
    New/remould/redeco - redeco RTS G2 Optimus Prime
    Wave - n/a
    Released here - not here (released in Japan July 2015, convention exclusive)
    Approximate Retail Price - ¥3780 (about AU$40)
    Approximate Size - 13.5cm
    Allegiance - Decepticon
    Alt-mode - Long nose truck
    Main Features/Gimmicks - Homage to Car Robots Black Convoy.
    Main Colours - Black, Grey, Teal, Translucent Light Red/Dark Pink.
    Main Accessories - Sword/Trailer Hitch.

So I got this guy today and I'll post some photos over the weekend including comparisons with TFSS Nemesis Prime.

He is a really nice redeco of RTS G2 Prime. I was particularly impressed with how the translucent light red/dark pink really pops. I should note that his packaging is not very premium because he is in a baggy in a box with some plain cardboard to protect the toy. Also his sword is in it's own smaller baggy in the protective cardboard, I almost tossed it out.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

After semi-lusting after the Club exclusive version, I was actually surprised at the retail price for this guy, happy to pay that price for him.

As DELTAprime mentioned, the translucent plastic is really nice - though maybe just a little on the pink side for such an "evil" character.

Mould wise, no joints are overly loose or tight, all fits together nicely - a little better than my Combat Deco of the G2 Prime mould.

Only downer is that the only Combatron symbols are TINY, maybe 2-3mm on his already busy shoulders. I might get some G2 Autobot Reprolabels and flip them upside down for his cab doors in alt-mode (like the Club/original versions.)

Packaging seems standard for a recent Takara exclusive, monochromatic imagery on black cardboard, practically the same as my Infiltrator Starscream. I kind of miss it compared to the Tokyo Toy Show WFC Dark Side Optimus/Megatron set that had the same deco, but a flip up cover to show the goods inside, but I'm not a MISB so no points deduction there.

All in all I'm quite pleased with the result, fits in nicely on my Neo-G2/postG1 shelf to counter my Ultimate Gift Set Optimus.

As a side note, he almost scales nicely with CW Ultra Magnua' cab...