View Poll Results: GEN-15 Leader Armada Megatron - worth buying?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 25.00%
  • Only if...

6 21.43%
  • No

8 28.57%
  • I'm not interested

7 25.00%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Toy Review - Generations Leader Megatron (Armada)

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateGalvatron View Post
    Dead Mini-Con Ports also mean Mechtech Weapon Ports, but putting Mini-Cons on him will really Armada him up.

And combining with Tidal Wave? Gotta pick both of them up.
    Also do you have any pictures of Tidal wave combined with CW AM?
    While I don't have any photos, I found this one on the internet showing him combined:

While it is easy to put both the Front and middle parts on the arms, they are very loose and aren't exactly the same as Armada Megatron, while the pack part is held on by the back 2 mini-con ports:

However that isn't exactly easy and is still very loose. It's kinda funny knowing this (And this also works on the other megatron as well so yay)
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

It would be cool if they made a Titan or Leader Class Tidal Wave designed to combine with him!

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateGalvatron View Post
    It would be cool if they made a Titan or Leader Class Tidal Wave designed to combine with him!
    That would be rather....lopsided.

Here's my quick look at the recent TF Combiner Wars Armada Megatron! I think this ranks up their with the MP-10 Optimus Evangelion crossover for being so ugly it's pretty nice lol!! Definitely an acquired taste!

Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Armada Megatron - YouTube

Hope you can check it out, subscribe, like, and comment with your thoughts on this weird repaint

My thoughts

I got both the Armada version and the G1'ish version of this figure at the same time, along with about 30 others in my BBTS POL. And while the G1 version was the very first toy I opened, this is one of my last, nearly a month later.

On it's own this is a very good toy! Decent colour scheme, excellent huge tank mode with revolving treads and firing cannon, the robot mode is large and impressive. Again, very good!

It's really just when you compare it to the original Armada Megatron that it falls down. There was a toy that had a LOT of playability! Ramps, holding cells, a Mini-Con partner etc etc. I still remember it as one of the most fun toys I got from the whole Unicron Triogy series Whilst this is a great toy, it really does not compare to the original. Perhaps if it had been released without there being a G1 version, people would be more enthused.

Overall I do like him. As stated before the colours are Armada accurate and I like the fact his secondary weapon can attach to his wrist in the same way Leader-1 did. But the toy does not bring back the wonder of the original and is prob only worth grabbing if you want the mould but have no interest in the G1 version.

My thoughts exactly, BigTransformerTrev.