Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1121262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Basketball Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Having watched the game (with an avid Jazz fan no less) it was amazing to see him roll back the clock like that. Then again the Jazz were not fouling him like they would've had they been in playoff contention.
    Amazing basketball player, not so amazing off the court.

Time for the finals. My Rockets will get blown away 4-0 by the Warriors. I'd be surprised if they got within 10 points in any game. Portland may do better against the Spurs but in the end it'll be those two in the West.

Cleveland may have more trouble with Detroit but at the end I can't see them being toppled in the East. Their best and only chance of beating the Warriors is hoping the Spurs wear them down in a seven game Western conference final.
    Harden may carry the Rockets to one win but I agree it's most likely to be a Warriors sweep. Houston and Chicago were the big under performers this year.

Actually Portland finished all the way up at the 5th seed! Incredible performance in a rebuilding year. They are matched up with the Clippers, the worst of the top 4 seeds. If they can push them to 6 games that will be a huge success.

But yes, it should be Warriors vs Spurs in the WCF. And I think whoever wins that will take the title barring injuries to their top players. Cleveland just don't look like a championship team to me.

Mavs got annihalated today by OKC. Rockets not much better.

Game 7 - Thunder is ahead of Warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcomp View Post
    Game 7 - Thunder is ahead of Warriors.
    Good game! Close till the end. Go Dubs!

I really want the Cleveland Cavs to win the trophy but if they cannot, I'm happy to see the Warriors lose out because I'm still hurting from last season.

Hope the Cavs can't buy the title. Hated that LeBron did it at the Heat and then again at the Cavs. He is an all time great, but buying championships is not how to do it.

Then again, if the Warriors win it, it just brings up all those horrible comparisons to the Bulls. You cant compare eras, it just does not work. The game has changed so much since 2010, let alone the mid 90's!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

I'm going for the Cavs like I did last finals. Cleveland deserves a title. I'm finding Curry to be increasingly smug (mocked Lillard time when they beat the Blazers among other things) and I cannot stand Green. Cavs have their rematch and are at full strength. Can't believe OKC blew a 3-1 lead!

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Hope the Cavs can't buy the title. Hated that LeBron did it at the Heat and then again at the Cavs. He is an all time great, but buying championships is not how to do it.

Then again, if the Warriors win it, it just brings up all those horrible comparisons to the Bulls. You cant compare eras, it just does not work. The game has changed so much since 2010, let alone the mid 90's!
    I agree! The 90's were brutal! These days is soft!
    I really hope the Cavs win it because of Delly! Cmon peeps, we have an Aussie in the finals!!!!!!

And i also knew that OKC would not be able to close out the series!!! (even though i wished they had!)

Quote Originally Posted by sideswipes brother View Post
    I really hope the Cavs win it because of Delly! Cmon peeps, we have an Aussie in the finals!!!
    Bogut says hi...

Go Dubs!