Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia

Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia (otca.com.au) > Beyond the Spacebridge (Non-Transformers Section) > Non-toy stuff

Sightings/Sales

Old 18th December 2017, 08:54 PM
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meister View Post
Netflix The Punisher, first Marvel series I thought of giving a go, think Jon Bernthal does an amazing job in this role, very brutal, thought it was pretty good, not for the kiddies or anyone with a weak stomach when it comes to violance an gore
Especially brutal are the last two episodes. And for anyone looking for The Punisher's nemesis? He'll be showing up in season 2.

By the way, I finished watching Stranger Things season 2 and I'm glad the colossal villain is called the Mind Flayer it saves me having to call it the sausage-legged spider.
Old 23rd December 2017, 08:17 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

The Toys That Made Us has arrived in Netflix. 4 eps (Star Wars, Barbie, MOTU, GIJoe). There's no Transformers episode (yet but there's 4 more eps to come and they've tweeted out TF collectors pics and interviewed Peter Cullen and Bov Budianski) but I'm jumping into the GIJoe episode now.

An aside, I know GIJoe from the TF UK comics and never saw an episode of the cartoon as a kid. They played a clip of Cobra Commander from that cartoon and that voice is awful for him!
Old 23rd December 2017, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
The Toys That Made Us has arrived in Netflix. 4 eps (Star Wars, Barbie, MOTU, GIJoe). There's no Transformers episode (yet but there's 4 more eps to come and they've tweeted out TF collectors pics and interviewed Peter Cullen and Bov Budianski) but I'm jumping into the GIJoe episode now.

An aside, I know GIJoe from the TF UK comics and never saw an episode of the cartoon as a kid. They played a clip of Cobra Commander from that cartoon and that voice is awful for him!
I watched the Star Wars and MOTU episodes last night. Very interesting. I wonít be watching the GIJoe one though as I have no interest in that what so ever. Might watch Barbie tonight.
Old 23rd December 2017, 10:01 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

There is enough similarities between the origins of GIJoe and Transformers that a TF episode might seem redundant.

The thing about GIJoe's origin that surprised me as a casual Joe fan was how only a few of the original 80s line up seem to have become a big deal since. Sure Hawk, Snake Eyes, Scarlett and Cobra Commander remain big names, but who are Zap, Flash and Grunt? Compared to TF's 84 line up that remains so well loved.
Old 23rd December 2017, 11:46 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

I watched the MOTU episode, with was great. Felt a bit too short though, I thought there was way more depth they couldíve gone into. But for an episode of a TV series (rather than a feature length doco) it was very good. Iíll go back and watch the others soon, even though I have no particular interest in GI Joe or Barbie.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!
Old 28th December 2017, 10:00 PM

i watched the first 3 episodes of that toy one today, i enjoyed them all. especially the MOTU one with the guy making stuff up in the meeting as they went along and the other guy yelling and swearing at the designer about the tiger lol
Old 29th December 2017, 06:17 AM

Just finished watching season 3 of Lucifer and a good twist at the end.
Old 5th February 2018, 05:14 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Became obsessed with The Good Place over the weekend.

As in, watched the whole run of it.

The guy who created it consulted one of the writers of Lost to figure out the best way to hook the audience into watching the next episode with the ending of the current one and my word did it work.
Old 9th February 2018, 07:17 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Watching 'It's Suppertime' on SBS Viceland.

Now THIS is my kinda cooking show and recipe!

Follow on FB: BigAngryTrev and Twitter: @BigAngryTrev

Toy Reviews: LG55 Slugslinger & LG58 Clones, LG60 Overlord, POTP Dinobots, POTP Optimus & Rodimus,
Transformatorium: Fan Interview: Paul