Size/class - Deluxe
    New/remould/redeco - New
    Wave - 1
    Released here – ?? 2019?
    Approximate Retail Price - $35
    Approximate Size - 13cm
    Allegiance - Autobot
    Alt-modes – Gasket and Grommet
    Main Features/Gimmicks – Hardpoints for fireblasts (not included). Transforms into weapons/accessories for other figures
    Main Colours – blue, red, silver
    Main Accessories – 2 guns

GASKET & GROMMET

Umm... yeah. They roll. They're about as good as G1 Gasket and Grommet, although I've yet to figure out how to seat a Titan Master onto Gasket, assuming that it's even possible. Gasket's transformation is nearly identical to G1 Gasket's. The removable guns become the arms and vice versa. Grommet is wee bit more involved as the waist folds down to conceal the upper legs. Both of these are certainly more colourful than their G1 counterparts and have more detailed sculpting, both with small cockpit windows sculpted in. Grommet's alt mode kinda reminds me of the APC seen in Aliens. #gameoverman Neither of these toys have "battle damage" on them, which I'm very glad for. AFAIK neither of these toys can slot into TR Fortress Maximus. Gasket is the strikingly different looking of the pair, with all of its grey replaced with silver and blue. But let's face it, G1 Gasket and Grommet were just visually dull. Siege Gasket has blue hubcaps!

COG

Again a gorgeous level of detailing here in the sculpting. The red, black and silver decoes really do help to break up the blue and complements it quite well. A rather impressive robot mode with 18 points of articulation. My only minor gripe is that the fist holes are a wee bit wide. Cog can hold his guns but it's not a tight grip.

Overall
    Cog is probably an acquired taste due to the fact that Gasket and Grommet are just such odd looking vehicles. This toy is instantly recognisable to G1 fans, but it may not have as much appeal to non G1-fans given. I haven't tried out the the weapon modes yet, but will post more pics and comments about them later. And admittedly there are some features which... I don't know if compromised is the word I'd use, but they are made to accommodate the gimmick. But heck, I'm enjoying this toy in its robot and vehicle modes, so it's clearly not a terribly intrusive gimmick. Recommended.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S. - more pics and commentary

Combined vehicle mode. I guess this makes it Cog's vehicle mode as opposed to separating into Gasket and Grommet.

Comparison with G1 Cog

Comparison with G1 Gasket and Grommet

Unfortunately Siege Gasket is unable to carry a Titan Master. I've just got this one precariously sitting on top of Siege Gasket but there's no proper seat or anything to secure it in place, unlike the G1 toy where Spike sits quite snugly.

Weapon/armour modes

...okay, suddenly not being able to carry a Titan Master suddenly doesn't seem to matter anymore
    Last edited by GoktimusPrime; 26th November 2018 at 11:04 PM.

bowspearer Guest

Cog is an absolute love letter to Fort Max and even without the weaponiser gimmick, it would have been a worthy edition to the line. The transformation is nicely updated and works well in all modes. The only flaw mine had and from what I've seen it may be common, is that the right fist in robot mode is too loose to hold his weapon. Fortunately the countless hardpoints on him, mean that it's easy enough to come up with workable alternatives.

Not a toy for those looking for deep and involved transformations and the combiner vehicle mode works best for display than playability.

The weaponizer aspect on the other hand is where Cog is strongest. I prefer the weapons attached to Skytread than Sideswipe because the more holes for attachment the more bang for your buck from Cog and I got so carried away that I began adding more weapons from other series. I can only salivate at the prospect of combining this weaponizer with the upcoming weaponizers such as Six Gun and Brunt.

It was one of the Siege lone that I was lookin forward to the most, but it’s just... OK. Sculpting is intricate and beautiful (as is typical for Siege) but I’m not sure I buy the gimmick - I don’t know that the “armour” modes are all that convincing on the other deluxes.

Having said that, I am looking forward to Six Gun!

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Has anyone had trouble getting him in half? The pelvis of mine won't separate from the body. Is there a trick I am missing?

Thanks

Hey Gok, what is his compatibility with G1 Fort Max? Does he fit in FM’s feet? And are they able to be launched out of the base mode?
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Finally got the waist apart. It was very tight.