Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2789101112

Thread: Platinum series reissue Insecticons and Coneheads

You can use paypal without needing an account, I believe.

When you get to the paypal window, there should be an option to pay direct from a credit card. In this case, paypal basically works as the merchant authorising and securing the transaction.

=GoktimusPrime;470245] But if you're purchasing off the primary market (preorder, off the shelf) it doesn’t (shouldn’t) make any difference if the toy is single or double taped, should it? As I understand it, it should only make a difference if you’re purchasing toys off the secondary market at inflated prices.
    Oh it matters alright. Have you ever asked yourself WHY a misb toy sells for way more than an perfectly good mib toy that has no wear, no stickers applied, oodles of photos to confirm this, and factory tight joints? It's not just because people worry about it not being perfect it's because of all the OCD collectors out there willing to pay a premium, even a ridiculously sized one, for a mint clean toy. I'm not poking fun at people with OCD, I'm one of them. The idea that some worker in sweatshop conditions might forget to wash their hands, it keeps us up at night. Have you ever noticed how many people go to the urinal and don't wash their hands? Or even worse?

If it's factory sealed, we can maintain the delusion that it is unsoiled by human hands and totally clean. There are so many cool mib g1 toys there that I pass on because it's not sealed and might have been drooled over or soiled by some little kid,and I can totally emphasise with the frustration of having a resealed one. It may be crazy, but I understand it at least. Fortunately I'm not so far gone that I still buy loose ones from collectors
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Megatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by janda the red View Post
    We're they from RK?
    Yep, RK.

Sorry for derailing this thread. Lets get back to the actual topic.

^ Bummer.... Mines in transit from them too

No need to apologise my friend, your as entitled to your opinion as any of us are. You've also prepared me for possibly being disappointed.

Lol @ ReillyD

Quote Originally Posted by janda the red View Post
    it matters depending on who re-taped the box. if it was the factory... it's not a problem. if it's the retailer/online store... then it is an issue for me.

i'm not concerned by other collectors at all.... I just want my collection to be sealed, not re-sealed.
    Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    Oh it matters alright. Have you ever asked yourself WHY a misb toy sells for way more than an perfectly good mib toy that has no wear, no stickers applied, oodles of photos to confirm this, and factory tight joints? It's not just because people worry about it not being perfect it's because of all the OCD collectors out there willing to pay a premium, even a ridiculously sized one, for a mint clean toy. I'm not poking fun at people with OCD, I'm one of them. The idea that some worker in sweatshop conditions might forget to wash their hands, it keeps us up at night. Have you ever noticed how many people go to the urinal and don't wash their hands? Or even worse?

If it's factory sealed, we can maintain the delusion that it is unsoiled by human hands and totally clean. There are so many cool mib g1 toys there that I pass on because it's not sealed and might have been drooled over or soiled by some little kid,and I can totally emphasise with the frustration of having a resealed one. It may be crazy, but I understand it at least. Fortunately I'm not so far gone that I still buy loose ones from collectors
    That's the advantage with buying toys off store shelves; you can inspect the condition of the packaging for yourself IRL. And I've never heard of double-taped toys being sold in regular brick 'n' mortar stores (except for some Revenge of the Fallen carded figures from China). Even if the toy works out to be a bit more expensive here, you do have the added luxury of first hand inspection.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcomp View Post
    If you find the set cheaper, would appreciate a set too if there's still space in your luggage If not, all good
    no probs, Ill keep that in mind dre.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    no probs, Ill keep that in mind dre.
    Thanks, dre! Coneheads will do.

Megatran Guest

Anyone noticed Ramjet & Dirge are missing some of their stickers on the box photo? Namely, their chest plate & perhaps the air intake.