Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: LG14 Ultra Magnus revealed? Includes Alpha Trion?

Really? It's the colour of just the thighs that has people struggling to decide which one to buy. Considering how badly Hasbro have butchered the colours of toys in the past, I think "just" having the thighs be the wrong colour, is probably the best outcome we could ever get from Hasbro.

I just want the Alpha Trion AND Minimus, but don't want to buy a whole second Leader class toy to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Really? It's the colour of just the thighs that has people struggling to decide which one to buy. Considering how badly Hasbro have butchered the colours of toys in the past, I think "just" having the thighs be the wrong colour, is probably the best outcome we could ever get from Hasbro.

I just want the Alpha Trion AND Minimus, but don't want to buy a whole second Leader class toy to do it.

I'll give u $10 + postage for your spare Leader

Although.... Now I'm kinda into the idea of Trion playing fancy dress as Magnus so maybe I should get it myself - could make for quite an amusing stop-motion video

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post

Well if it's a Pretender Shell then it begs the question of why Alpha Trion is dressing up like Ultra Magnus? Maybe he is going to a fancy dress party:

"Hey everyone! I'm the Duly Appointed Enforcer Guy! Howdy Howdy Howdy!"

And after a few strong cubes the impressions start:

"Yes Optimus, No Optimus! Rodimus that's a bad idea! No one liked me in Season3!"
    lmao
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

The red thighs look better and Alpha Trion is a cool addition, but I won't be going out of my way to get this instead of the Hasbro version. If I happen to stumble across this version first I'll get it.

Looks official. We now have images from E-Hobby. http://www.seibertron.com/transforme...-magnus/32883/

I found LG14 and MP26 in HLJ's system just now, so looks like Japanese retailers are now taking preorders.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I can see why TakaraTOMY have made this decision, as Minimus Ambus would certainly be extremely obscure to most Japanese collectors (as it's an Anglophone continuity exclusive character/concept). Still... I'll be getting the Hasbro version myself.
    I'm kinda bummed about the Alpha Trion thing TBH. I would much prefer Minimus Ambus and I don't even read the comics. I do like the red thighs though. Looks nice IMO.

I have always seen AT as being kind of uninvolved in the conflict (although this is not the case) and would have preferred him to have not been a Transforming character.

Surely they could've written Minimus Ambus into the bio of Magnus somewhere for those who were unsure of who he is. It just doesn't really make sense for AT to be riding around in a Magnus shell...

after comparing the two, the Takara version has a much better paint job for the Truck mode as well. I kind of hope this is one of the con exclusives that gets released in Australia later in the year. A higher end paint job and a Minimus ambus.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Takara wins hands down in those new pics of both toys, and the recent in hand ones of CW Magnus do him no favours and make him look a bit cheap for such an expensive toy.

It's Takara Magnus for me, I'll either have to give Alpha Trion a new paint job or see if a 3rd party make their own Ambus toy for my Minimus Ambus fix.

As far as the main toy is concerned, I'm seeing a few yellow/gold paint apps and a couple of faction symbols other than the red on the legs. It doesn't help that Hasbro's photography people are so piss poor at posing the pieces for pictures (say that three times quick), but they look about equal to me. The Takara one is slightly nicer if only for the red but I can live without it. The next time I get the chance to buy toys away from Aus retail will probably be when I and my wife go on our UK trip in October, so if the Hasbro version hasn't turned up and I find the Takara version at a shop over there then I'll probably get it, but I'm not going to hunt it down on the internet or anything. I'm fine with either Minimus Ambus or Alpha Trion - I'd be regarding them as a partner character rather than the "real" Ultra Magnus anyway.

Amazon Japan has a pic of vehicle mode too... painted rims win every time!