Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: SDCC Transformers GENERATIONS & EXCLUSIVES News and reveals

Scattorshot's combined mode is a beta, surely a nod that he'll get some more appropriate limbs in the proper release. There's always Unite Warriors to come to the rescue too.

Just noticed they went for new combiner feet and hands on Victorion. Soooo much better than the knuckle/toe guns of current combiners.

edit: and it looks like the only difference between the helicopter twins is one has a visor.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Scattorshot's combined mode is a beta, surely a nod that he'll get some more appropriate limbs in the proper release. There's always Unite Warriors to come to the rescue too.
    Absolutely
    A car, bike, plane and drill should be easy enough to manufacture

So, is that all?

Dunno about you guyz, but I found that somewhat boring. Victorion looks like rubbish. and a G2 Superion colouring? Scattershot? That's all? After the line drawings at Botcon, they got nothing else?

My wallet is happy

Victorion is worth it just for that sword. Such a cool looking weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    Victorion is worth it just for that sword. Such a cool looking weapon.
    And the better hands/feet!

I wish there was a way just to get that sword alone. I was interested in Victorion until I saw that colour-scheme, what was Hasbro thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBuyer View Post
    And the better hands/feet!

I wish there was a way just to get that sword alone. I was interested in Victorion until I saw that colour-scheme, what was Hasbro thinking?
    They were thinking toffee apple

Quote Originally Posted by CBratron View Post
    Just noticed they went for new combiner feet and hands on Victorion. Soooo much better than the knuckle/toe guns of current combiners.

edit: and it looks like the only difference between the helicopter twins is one has a visor.
    It makes you wonder why the leader figures couldn't all be packed with their own combiner feet and the deluxes with hands. Instead we got half done feet which struggle to pull off decent stances.

Ive got two sets of perfect effect feet. 1 for superion and 1 for menasor but finding it hard to justify getting a few more sets of black feet.

Those reveals are all absolutely hideous, In the case of some of the G2 releases maybe a good kind of hideous, which is accurate to the old toys, but still make you wonder if the nostalgia factor trumps what is a awful colour scheme.

Not sure what Victorion's excuse is, it's not so much the colour choices that bother me so much as the placement, it just looks like a blob of red and blue with no definition, and the individual robots look worse.

I except Scattershot will get some companions in time, but I doubt they will be new molds, he's not for me anyway.

So I know when Hasbro first started this whole retool thing, everyone was pleased Hasbro was doing some different looking toys from the same base mold as opposed to straight repaints, but does anyone think they may have taken it just a bit to far, I mean how many characters do we now have from 10 odd molds.

Maybe they should rebrand Combiner Wars to Retool Wars.

The colour makes sense, they come from the Sea of Rust after all. That being said, a better layout would be in order. G2 Superion is much better but a pass as I don't collect different colour schemes of the same bot. Will be getting Victorian, it's a fembot combiner
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot