Thread: Amazon buys Comixology

Default Amazon buys Comixology

Only an issue for those of us that use Comixology, it has been purchased by Amazon. Gizmodo article is here and Amazon's press release is here.

On the one hand this is great in that it suggests Comixology is doing really well and having Amazon behind it, perhaps even integrating it into the kindle - an icon for the future of reading - can only take it to greater heights. Boosting sales > Budget > Comics.

On the other paw, Amazon has a reputation (exaggerated or not) for wiping it's clients libraries at it's discression over dubious misdemeanors and when synced while in another geographical region (sorry, can't verify that one).

I never had any trouble or heard of people having issues with Comixology before in this regard. Does this buy up worry any of you that your content is now less secure?

Nooooooo.

I buy all my comics from Comixology an while I use Amazon I'm not a fan of them. Mostly because their shipping department seems to staffed by morons.

i use comixology... their support is good when needed. but the whole amazon thing behind them now couldnt be all that good

I assume that won't effect independent marvel DC IDW comic apps?

Quote Originally Posted by Gofigure View Post
    I assume that won't effect independent marvel DC IDW comic apps?
    It will, those aren't really independent, they're just Comixology rebranded and restricted to the content from a particular company. Dark Horse's app on the otherhand is completely independent.