Page 16 of 154 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920212636 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie Critics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
    So... has anyone else seen Resident Evil Retribution yet?

I give it a high-rental. It was alright for an action-packed movie, there was the sense of a rising challenge like in a video game as the movie progressed but the action scenes, even the last one weren't that awe-inspiring like the first time I saw Iron-Man or Transformers. I can't expect much from a plot that's based on a video game - but that shouldn't excuse writers and filmmakers from just relying on cardboard characters. The one thing I was really impressed by this movie was the score, done by Tomandandy. It may have a tron-like influence to it but that's the type of music that I don't mind having my ears pummeled with.

It's not a bad movie, and you know that the cast and crew were enthusiastic about it when they made it - but perhaps if they just took a step back and put more thought into it it could have become something much more than meets the eye...
    I saw it and hated the score lol. It was so loud and just felt like a wall of noise. Maybe the cinema turned it up too loud. It is not as good as previous installments. Just felt like a cut and paste job with scenes put together. It was enjoyable to watch though just lacked something that the other movies had. Not sure where they would go with the franchise now after seeing the end?

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
    So... has anyone else seen Resident Evil Retribution yet?
    Saw it the day it came out. Firstly, I'm a HUGE Resident Evil movie fan however this installment left me feeling a bit flat. The action scenes were long-and-drawn-out and there were far too many slo-mo sequences. Without these, you would probably have about 50 mins of actual movie.

Afterlife was easily the best IMO; Retribution is probably my least favourite. It should be interesting to see how they wrap it all up with the next movie.

If you're in two minds about seeing this, my recommendation is to wait for the DVD release which I believe is sometime in December.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Saw it the day it came out. Firstly, I'm a HUGE Resident Evil movie fan however this installment left me feeling a bit flat. The action scenes were long-and-drawn-out and there were far too many slo-mo sequences. Without these, you would probably have about 50 mins of actual movie.

Afterlife was easily the best IMO; Retribution is probably my least favourite. It should be interesting to see how they wrap it all up with the next movie.

If you're in two minds about seeing this, my recommendation is to wait for the DVD release which I believe is sometime in December.
    They loose the map, hang on a minute! Ill grab my spectacles out and find a way for us to escape. It just wasnt really thought out in parts. I would see it in the cinema unless you have a big screen tv.

Dredd 3D is a spectacular film! A full-price ahoy!

Saw dredd 2d. Reminds me a bit of John Mclane in the office building from Die Hard. Lots of bang not alot of story. Quite graphic in parts with people splitting apart on impact from a 200 story fall. The cinema had the sound up on 20, usually is on 10. It was unusually loud. I think the production of it made it worthwhile to see in the cinema, if it was cruddy cgi and special effects then itwould be a lemon.

Final verdict - Check brain at door, bring earplugs as nessasary, drink eat up and be merry.

The ammo of the gun bugged me, how could it change all that??

Still haven't seen it yet.

But if alien robots can change into freaking cars and things, then Dredds gun can switch rounds at will, it one of his things.

Saw an add for Dredd 3D tonight - was the first I even heard of it. I sorta liked the campy original Judge Dredd movie, and ironically just bought the DVD (had to import it from America, because it was never released here) about 6 months ago... so I'm keen to see this new one.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Saw an add for Dredd 3D tonight - was the first I even heard of it. I sorta liked the campy original Judge Dredd movie, and ironically just bought the DVD (had to import it from America, because it was never released here) about 6 months ago... so I'm keen to see this new one.
    Judge Dredd was released here a few years ago, I own it on DVD. For a film, it was good, but for a Judge Dredd film, it wasn't

Now Dredd. Every bit as dirty and gritty as the comics. Great setup for a trilogy that the writer wants to do. Look forward to the 3rd one if he has Dredd going up against Death. Don't bother staying until the end of the credits. I'll give it an easy 9/10

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Now Dredd. Every bit as dirty and gritty as the comics. Great setup for a trilogy that the writer wants to do. Look forward to the 3rd one if he has Dredd going up against Death. Don't bother staying until the end of the credits. I'll give it an easy 9/10
    Glad to see that you've seen it man; Roy went and saw it today with his mates, for his B'day, and said it was quote: "F***ing Awesome!".

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Judge Dredd was released here a few years ago, I own it on DVD. For a film, it was good, but for a Judge Dredd film, it wasn't

Whats at the end of the credits? I didnt stay