Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Ep 7 - early Movie news

The EU is horrible, hopefully they ignore that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gouki View Post
    Oh my god, the reactions to this news are pathetic (and I mean everywhere). Nothing changed for Marvel except the Avengers DVD has a Disney logo on it.

This will be the same damn thing. (Just like the reactions has the same damn complaints and the same damn jokes herpaderp mickey will be a jedi lolz).

I'm personally very excited, and would love to see a Star Wars movie direct by Brad Bird with Zahn writing. People complain Lucas needs to let go, and then when he does... he truly is the Hollywood definition of "can't win".
    Calm down chum.

All people are doing here is having a bit of a joke and wondering out aloud about what direction this news will take the franchise in.

As I said I can't see how they can make more movies with the original cast. I see them as too old, I may be wrong, but I don't think so. Time will tell. I think it's a bit rough to call the responses in this thread pathetic. You may have encountered different responses elsewhere, but here they have been anything but nerd rage and hate. Mainly just idle curiousity/speculation and light humour.

I am pretty happy with this news. It brings 'a new hope' to star wars, so to speak.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    As I said I can't see how they can make more movies with the original cast. I see them as too old, I may be wrong, but I don't think so.
    If they can digitally create aliens, they can digitally make three actors look younger.

Yeah I really don't think this is a bad thing for the brand, Disney has bought Pixar, and Marvel already and both have been allowed to do their thing. The current CEO of Disney ain't no dope that's for sure.

If anything I wonder if a new Star Wars without Lucas might even be a good thing. They can get away from some of the limitations of a single persons vision.

As for the Seventh movie my Sith powers do foresee a lot of disappointed nerds, as I have doubt as to whether new films will draw much on the expanded universe. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing, aside from Zahn's writing the whole ubber Deathstar wannabees and Emperor clones made some of the expansions feel like Mary Sue stories.

So anyone ready to muse at what the next film will be called? Maybe.......

Star Wars Lucas Strikes Out

Star Wars Return of the Acting

Star Wars The Search for Plot

They could still have Luke in it. He would now be the old Jedi master teaching the new Jedi order. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra Mackness View Post
    Can you imagine Mickey mouse waving a light saber around?
    I see Goki beat me to it, but still...
    Funny you should mention that...
    Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    Oh for the love of God...

The only thing approaching being considered good news (or not abysmal news really) coming out of this is a rumour that they're after Timothy Zahn to do the writing.
    That's pretty cool. IIRC Timothy Zahn was a good writer.

Anyway, I for one would love to see an aged Han Solo survive a Death Star blast hitting the planet he was on by hiding in a fridge.

Hopefully all the aliens don't speak English in the new ones...

Anyway, I dont personally care that much, it's been years since I've had any real interest in SW. Although there's a pretty hot Star Wars themed burlesque show that plays around Newtown sometimes..

Lucas is still a creative director.

At least we might see the original trilogy on blu-ray now.

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    How does Disney have the $$$ to throw around?
    Revenue from the Disney Label Transformers.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    Lucas is still a creative director.

At least we might see the original trilogy on blu-ray now.
    I dunno...

It's good that Lucas is still going to be a creative consultant for any new movies - it's only right that he still has some input, IMO.

It'll be interesting to see what direction the story for the next movie will take - original characters, descendants of the original characters, or even entirely new ones; following the EU, taking cues from it, or ignoring it altogether...

I'll throw in my 2c and say I hope Wedge Antilles is a major player.

I see it as a new beginning - A chance for things to get better while before with Lucas having full control, there was none.