Thread: ROTF Bludgeon Turret

Default ROTF Bludgeon Turret

Ok, I need a little help from someone who may have taken apart this mold before. My problem lies with the spinning of the turret. I moved the turret and heard a "click" sound. Since then the turret seems to have come free from its ratchet, it spins freely, tilts slightly and sits higher than it used to. I can still get it to work like it used to by pressing down on it so it aligns again but that is only temporary before it hops back out of the groove and starts spinning again.

Does this sound like it can be fixed? If so how?

Quote Originally Posted by Meangreen View Post
    Ok, I need a little help from someone who may have taken apart this mold before. My problem lies with the spinning of the turret. I moved the turret and heard a "click" sound. Since then the turret seems to have come free from its ratchet, it spins freely, tilts slightly and sits higher than it used to. I can still get it to work like it used to by pressing down on it so it aligns again but that is only temporary before it hops back out of the groove and starts spinning again.

Does this sound like it can be fixed? If so how?
    Give me some time and I'll pull my Bludgeon apart and take some photos so that you can use for reference.

By the sounds of it, it seems that the spring pushing down the ratchet as become dislodged. That is why when you push down, you get the ratcheting 'feel' back. Should be an easy enough fix.

Many thanks Kup! No need to rush, he's been in this situation for over a year now.

As an interesting aside though I recently bought another Bludgeon second-hand and his grey plastic weapon mounts are an extremely rubbery plastic compared to those on my original which are very solid. It doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things but I thought I'd point it out.

I have a bit of bad and good news...

The bad, it is extremely difficult to pull Bludgeon's turret apart as it's held in place by a big pin. Anyone that repairs/customizes toys know that it's a real pain in the ass to remove pins from toys, specially this one that is so deep in. You can't pull apart the Turret (or Bludgeon's body) without removing it first.

The good news is that this pin is solely responsible for keeping the turret pressed onto the back and connecting with the ratchety gear. All you need to do is find a way to push it down in place but be very careful as you can potentially break the toy if you are not careful.

If you really want to risk it, you can get a hot soldering iron and heat it up so that it melts the plastic holding it allowing it to go soft, then lift the whole turret assembly allowing you to re-accommodate it properly. However this is a highly risky procedure as if there is any mistake or something goes wrong and it's good bye Bludgeon (or your finger).

The pin:

Sorry that I couldn't be of more help. This is why I hate pins on toys

Hmm, I think I grasp the problem now. I tried pressing on the rivet with a pen whilst the turret was in the "groove" and it did sink down a bit as well as holding the turret down for a few ratchets. It popped back up just as quickly though. I gather that at the other end of this rivet is something that should be bedding it in and that is the loose part?

Oh well, the next part will have to stay on hold until I can get a soldering iron. I'm determined to get this guy fixed. Thanks for the help once again.