Page 21 of 40 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324252631 ... LastLast

Thread: MP Ultra Magnus Official Pics

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

If it bothers that much maybe have a section for preview toys spoilers.

I actually prefer to see what I be getting, rather than being concerned about the spoiling part. I guess everyone is different, but for me, the masterpiece line are normally a higher challenge and I wouldn't want to break anything.

Quote Originally Posted by ITZTRU View Post
    I actually lol'd.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    If it bothers that much maybe have a section for preview toys spoilers.

I actually prefer to see what I be getting, rather than being concerned about the spoiling part. I guess everyone is different, but for me, the masterpiece line are normally a higher challenge and I wouldn't want to break anything.
    I am of the same mind - I really like looking at what techniques they've used to update G1 toys. I like reading the interviews discussing what challenges they had to overcome and how they arrived at the final product.

honestly after what happened with Rodimus, I felt so shitty/almost cheated that they did such a mediocre job that transforming/playing with Rodimus didn't even feel fun. An expensive puzzle that was trying to be too much than what it really was meant to be. hahaha how ironic, that the actual Rodimus always felt that way and always felt inferior to Optimus - the toys mirroring them...

even hasbro didn't bother with the trailer.

I don't mind marking the things I post as spoilers, but I didn't feel like I needed to as griffin mentioned they were appropriate to the thread title.

I do remember seeing in other forums, they have a function where every text/pic was hidden until you clicked on a button to reveal them. if i remember where, i'll link to it - but that would be preferable to make it easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
    Well looks like if I follow the English instructions I'm going to be breaking his foot off....
    Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    The English version is the translation of what the Japanese version says. So if you think that saying "lift" is an inaccurate description then take that up with Takara Tomy, because that's what they've written in the original instructions. I merely translated it to English.
    Here's the original Japanese version. 起こします means to lift or raise up, and 回転 means to rotate.
    Krayt is right. You changed the 5th instruction from 90 degrees to 180 degrees. 90 degrees was correct, 180 isn't. And will probably break off his foot.

Oh my. Nice pick up there sky shadow. Well...at least we know who to point the finger at and ask for refunds from when Masterpiece Ultra Magni end up with broken feet all over the country!

Oh Crap. Is it to late to contact Hasbro about the mistake?

Hah that's amusing, I hope Gok gets that corrected before it goes to print

The instructions went to print in the second week of October... so long past a correction I'm afraid.

Hopefully someone at Hasbro was double-checking, but I was told that the instructions section was already translated (because it didn't need a fan to translate) so wasn't part of the project.
    From what I was told, they only wanted the bio section written up in English because that was something the people in the office couldn't do, so had asked for a long-term fan to do it for them.

If that is true, then it was a Hasbro employee who is responsible for the error.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

They should have let gok play with the toy and translate it as what seems correct. There have been several times I have read Japanese instructions and they seemed awkward.

Afraid it be printed by now but most of us have the import version

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I was told that the instructions section was already translated... If that is true, then it was a Hasbro employee who is responsible for the error.
    Goktimus says he translated them.

I merely translated it to English.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Goktimus says he translated them.
    Yep, I saw him say that, but I was told the opposite by the Hasbro manager who asked for a fan to write the character bio (telling me that it wasn't necessary to translate anything or write the instructions - they just had to know enough about the character to submit a bio within 2 days).