Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How much will you be spending in 2016

I've already spent about $1000 this year. But I only started collecting on New Years Day when I spend my yearly bonus on Devastator, fulfilling a 30 year old dream to own all the constructions. and then the beast reared its ugly head

My wife says no more but thanks to some nice people on here I will definitely be spending about 400 more this pay. I calculated that's my beer money for the month so if she complains I'll just point out that I'm not drinking myself to death and getting the stress out from my job by vicariously living through robots... Its the healthier option how can she have a problem with that?! hahaha

My aim is to get all the Decepticon MP figures and the larger TF Prime figures. God I love that show, its just too good.

But I think i'm going to try and limit spending by picking one out of the repaints (eg for MP line i'd get rachet over iron hide, skywarp over starscream, I don't really see the point in spending $200 for a figure I already have with a different paint colour...... or maybe i'll just buy it on a whim by "accident" hahaha

So I'd probably guess that around 2 to 4k will be spent this year on "Toys"

How much will i spend....

Yes...

Yes I will spend

I haven't got a clue, or a budget to speak of.

though I'm about to spend nearly a grand at chimungmung.

I had planned on looking over what I bought last year and going back to update my 'budget' in last years equivalent thread.

I'd comfortably say at least 2 to 3 K a year, between masterpieces, the Asian releases of the mainline stuff I get that I prefer to what comes out here, picking up some G1 stuff when it suits my cash flow at the time. all of this adds up. I'll most likely pick up a few independent transformers as well.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Budget? What budget????

In all seriousness, it will come down to balancing the books which is what I basically do now. Some of my wants are on pre order, the rest will always come down to hunting for the best bargains.
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

I was spending wayyy too much from 2011-2013. Only started to buy what I would enjoy in 2014-2015. This year will be similar or less than 2015, perhaps $1-2k; range difference being mainly on how good third party releases will be this year (need to finish off FP Function X, Lost Exo Realm; and perhaps get started on FP Saurus Ryu-Oh and MT Guardia). Free-time and room is affecting how much time I'm spending on enjoying the figures out of box.

Quote Originally Posted by simon_marklar View Post
    My wife says no more but thanks to some nice people on here I will definitely be spending about 400 more this pay. I calculated that's my beer money for the month so if she complains I'll just point out that I'm not drinking myself to death and getting the stress out from my job by vicariously living through robots... Its the healthier option how can she have a problem with that?! hahaha
    That's the spirit!

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    Long answer short.... far too much than I should but less than I can afford
    Make room. I'll join you on that sinking ship!