Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Transformers G1 Unofficial Photographic Archive Vintage Toys

Default Transformers G1 Unofficial Photographic Archive Vintage Toys

A photographic archive of Transformers toys released in the USA, Japan and Europe during the 1984 to 1994 “Generation One” / "G1" era.

Presented by Ocular Echo LLC, this photographic archive boasts high quality photography of the Generation 1 Transformers. Two volumes are planned; the first is set to be a complete archive of every Generation 1 Transformer released in the US 1984 – 1990, and the second is set to be an archive of all the Japan and Europe exclusive releases from 1985 – 1993 that never made it to the US, such as Transformers Victory’s Star Saber or the mighty Thunderclash. The Kickstarter is accompanied by the completed layouts of the book, so you can see the gorgeous layouts and the amount of attention and detail lavished on each figure. Pledge tiers range from choosing one or both of the books, to supporting the project and getting your name in print. The pricing of the pledges furthermore represents a commitment to a high-quality end product, of the type that the authors themselves dreamed of having.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ref=nav_search

Valkyrie's SDF:
    Transformer grails: MIB Minerva(the dream is OVER!!!! ), MIB Kiss Player Atariscream, MIB Kiss Player Sparkabots, Kiss Player Manga.

I want these books, but the Kickstarter goal looks like it might be unfulfilled which sucks. Every G1 fan should want these books!

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I want these books, but the Kickstarter goal looks like it might be unfulfilled which sucks. Every G1 fan should want these books!
    Interesting project and hopefully they get produced but they are not on this G1 fans want list - mainly due the cost and the black background of the pictures, it could be just me or the low res photos online but some of the black accessories and toy parts are really hard to see.

I'd like them but they are way too expensive, works out to about AU$115 delivered per book.
    If they considered giving the $5 backers the option of a PDF version of the book then they might get a lot more backers and get the project started, but for the current cost of the books I'll just stick to TFwiki

I can see what you mean about the black, hadn't thought about that, I was just impressed with the quality of photos/figures. I don't want them as a reference book for collecting, just for a reference book of Transformer toys so it's not a big concern for me.

The price though, I don't have a concern about - the first Generations book was $60+ and I couldn't read it, the Cybertronian books took multiple volumes at $50 each to cover the same range, even those Bellomo books were $50 each.

I've pledged and hope this happens. Looks like they need another 250 odd pledges to succeed.

If it had been $150 plus shipping for both books I would have gone in but as they are I don't see the value. Plus (and it is a minor nitpick for most but a fairly big one for me) I would have preferred to see the original RRP instead of the current market prices.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Already got the whole Schiffer Books "Unofficial" TF series, so not going to pledge - but these look nice

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    If it had been $150 plus shipping for both books I would have gone in but as they are I don't see the value. Plus (and it is a minor nitpick for most but a fairly big one for me) I would have preferred to see the original RRP instead of the current market prices.
    Apparently it was hard to find all the RRP for the items as there was various sources at retail doing their own prices.

Also these books are weighing in at 3.5kg each so 7kgs plus package, the postage will be expensive. They are being done on some serious paper.

Valkyrie's SDF:
    Transformer grails: MIB Minerva(the dream is OVER!!!! ), MIB Kiss Player Atariscream, MIB Kiss Player Sparkabots, Kiss Player Manga.

I think the pair is 3.5 kg combined.

Prices - if they couldn't source original RRP then they should have just dropped this feature. Current market price is lame.

Cool project though, hope they are successful.