Thread: Action Figure Review - Gigantic Action Scorponok

Default Action Figure Review - Gigantic Action Scorponok

Note: Though made by a 3rd party Scorpnok is actually officially licensed and as such is indeed an authorized product

Size/class - Gigantic!
    New/remould/redeco - New
    Released here – No
    Approximate Price - AU $500+
    Approximate Size – 22 inches
    Allegiance – Decepticon
    Alt-mode – N/A
    Main Features/Gimmicks – Um... he's massive?
    Main Colours – Green, Purple
    Main Accessory/s - Shield, Gun, Shoulder Cannons, Face Visor

Just got this big bad boy delivered from HLJ today

He is freakin HUGE, roughly the size of Fort Max and Generations Metroplex, though his weight is somewhere between the two. Will take some comparison pics soon

Here is the packaging:

Overall I'm pretty pleased with him, the only annoying thing is that the nubs on the end of his shoulder cannons are a bit too big for the holes so often pop back out. The nub on the gun is WAY too big for the hole in his claw and even with as much pressure as you dare exert you cant get it in there so you have to kinda just balance it loosely in his grip. His articulation is not too bad but he suffers from the elbows only going inwards and not up at all, I haven't really tried a lot of poses yet - waiting to see if I can get everything to attach a bit tighter first.

Anyway - he's a big bad bugger of a Con and happy to get him. Even happier I got him when HLJ had him at half price in their pre-Xmas sale and the Yen was weak - those factors combined meant I got him for a 3rd the price that BBTS is selling him for (I paid under AU$200 before shipping)

Sentinel toys make some amazing figures. Can't wait for someone to review the Black Zarak repaint and Fewture EX Gokin Unicron Head

Wow! For that price even I'd consider getting one!

Nice addition to the collection Trev
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Nice addition to the collection Trev
    Cheers mate

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post

He is freakin HUGE, roughly the size of Fort Max and Generations Metroplex, though his weight is somewhere between the two. Will take some comparison pics soon

As promised:

Scorponok & his season 3 arch-nemesis, original G1 Fortress Maximus

Scorponok and (apparently) the biggest TF ever made - Generations Metroplex

The 3 big buggers!

Now bring on Trypticon!

Just received this bad boy today and thought I'd add a bit to this thread. Picked him up from HLJ at 80% off and a quick thanks to Paulbot for the heads up and Trev for his review. Was looking at this guy for a while and at that price I had to pick him up.

Well after undoing the numerous twist ties, he was finally free and went straight at Fort Max

...well the Kabaya one. Guess after years of being a half pint to Fort Max, he wanted to take things slow.

He's a big beefy one and very happy to get him in. For something his size, he's also very poseable and with those large feet also very sturdy. Case in point, I don't have any transformers who can pull off the Matrix pose without any support!

Even my Mezco 1:12 Batman who is probably the figure with the most articulation that I have has trouble keeping up without some magic (don't look under the cape).

Overall even though it doesn't transform, I'm very happy with the fig and will probably display him with the other big blokes without his shield and gun as that's how I always picture Scorponok. A massive bot who only needs his claws to crush the spark of his enemies!

Now where am I going to store his box..

Quote Originally Posted by BruiseLee View Post
    Just received this bad boy today and thought I'd add a bit to this thread. Picked him up from HLJ at 80% off and a quick thanks to Paulbot for the heads up and Trev for his review. Was looking at this guy for a while and at that price I had to pick him up.

Glad ya enjoying him mate!

Geez - 80% off! I thought I got a good deal on him when he was 50% off and the Yen was weak, but that beats me!