View Poll Results: GEN-15 DLX Air Raid - worth buying?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 85.71%
  • Only if...

1 7.14%
  • No

0 0%
  • I'm not interested

1 7.14%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toy Review - GEN-15 DLX Air Raid (combiner)

Love this guy! The combination of colours is great (would have not known it was a repaint/remold of Skydive unless I had read it). Weapon is a little strange in white (all the other Aerialbots have black ones...) but certainly awesome!

Bot mode is great. Great likeness of my favourite childhood Aerialbot.

Alt mode looks like a brick with a cockpit and wings. I'd say he's got the worst plane mode of all the Aerilabots (Yes, Silverbolt is worse but we've come to expect that from him. On Air Raid it's disappointing )

Overall I'm glad I picked him up. This guy also completed Superion for me and I'm quite impressed
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

This toy is beautiful. I didn't realise just how extensive a retool it was of Skydive. The articulated Tomcat style wings are a really nice touch. Love it to bits; highly recommended.

Had a play tonight:

Robot Mode - quite nice. Undecided if I like him with his wings down like the original toy/cartoon or his wings up which looks a bit cooler. Very poseable with elbows, knees and neck all great to put parts in position. Colour scheme good - overall very nice!

Jet Mode - like pretty much all the other CW Aerielbot jets he looks great from the top but balls from the side and underneath. Good coloured stripes on the wings though.

Transformation - so many of these CW figures share a similar transformation that I stopped looking at the instructions a while back. For instance you fold the legs of Air Raid up the same way you do Offroad from the Stunticons.

Overall a good upgrade of the G1 figure and worth getting to make Superion

Oh - and for once the comic they included makes sense to include! They chose an issue with Superion in it so technically Air Raid does make an appearance