Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast

Thread: TFs Q/C problems archive (already damaged in the packaging)

Default Re

I had once, animated blitzwing missing a tail wing.

My only major QC issue was with the G2 Battle Convoy reissue. When I bought him I was in Japan at the time. Damn, I still try and drop that into conversation...

With most of the stuff I bought overseas, I was content with removing it from the packaging and trying to cram as many as possible into a parcel back home (sounds frought with peril, but only one thing - Classics' Jeffire's antenna - wound up broken). But with certain things I wanted them back home and in their proper boxes.

It turns out that Battle Convoy's box is too long to fit in the largest JapanPost shipping box, so I had to remove him.

It just so happened however his battery cover was missing. As the cover also contains a... conducting plate? (no doubt it has a proper name) the electronics would be useless. If I had shipped him back MISB he would have been useless.

So I took him back to the store - Yodabashi Camera in fact - and tried to explain my predicament. It was a bit of a chore. I know only about six words of Japanese and most of those are from WW2 movies (unfortunately Tora! Tora! Tora! is only classed as one word). So I was doing a lot of pointing and wishing I wasn't such an idiot.

But I got a new Battle Convoy and all is well.

I wish I was back in Japan...

Quote Originally Posted by snazzbot_101
    My only major QC issue was with the G2 Battle Convoy reissue. When I bought him I was in Japan at the time. Damn, I still try and drop that into conversation...
    Don't worry... I bought most of my early Beast Wars TFs from Japan and I still try to drop that into conversations... like just now!

Quote Originally Posted by snazzbot_101
    So I took him back to the store - Yodabashi Camera in fact - and tried to explain my predicament. It was a bit of a chore. I know only about six words of Japanese and most of those are from WW2 movies (unfortunately Tora! Tora! Tora! is only classed as one word). So I was doing a lot of pointing and wishing I wasn't such an idiot.
    I'd be willing to serve as your interpreter so long as you pay for return flight and accomodation. <nyuck nyuck nyuck>

Back on topic, my ROTF Brawn has a fleck of gold paint on his green sternum. But I cbb to refund/exchange him, although it'd be easy cos I keep seeing lots of him everywhere. Meh.

my second scattershot had a yellow speck on his leg. Replace leg with one i already have glad i didnt return it now

Does anyone else have issues getting mindwipes knives to stay flipped back? i have his hands pushed as far as they will go and the spring clip thats meant to lock onto the knife is off on both hands by a tiny bit. any suggestions?
    ~

How far back are we going with this? Cause I have some bad ones from the past!
    1) Photos to come, but back when I got the tf that got me back to collecting (micron legend Magna Convoy pack) the skateboard minicon is misassembled and has never transformed quite right.
    2) I suppose everyone also has the misassembled classics superion (universe 2.0 & rotf versions both have this flaw) where silverbolts legs are misassembled and he can't bend them backwards in bot mode!
    3) Henkei Convoy had horrible paint mismatch for his arm panels/front of cab (unfortunately I didn't take any photos before I painted over it)
    4) Henkei Bumblebee has terrible bubbling on the car's hood (robot mode chest!)

and of course there are the usual scratches plastic panels etc you see now and again. Those are my main q/c problems though...

Funny how they are mainly takara!! I think it may be that I hold them to a higher standard.
    That said, overall I still perceive hasbro releases to be of lower quality. From plastic colour choices to terrible paint apps it just devalues the quality in my eyes..

Current Wants:
    Shadow Scyther

Quote Originally Posted by lcz128 View Post
    How far back are we going with this? Cause I have some bad ones from the past!
    1) Photos to come, but back when I got the tf that got me back to collecting (micron legend Magna Convoy pack) the skateboard minicon is misassembled and has never transformed quite right.
    2) I suppose everyone also has the misassembled classics superion (universe 2.0 & rotf versions both have this flaw) where silverbolts legs are misassembled and he can't bend them backwards in bot mode!
    3) Henkei Convoy had horrible paint mismatch for his arm panels/front of cab (unfortunately I didn't take any photos before I painted over it)
    4) Henkei Bumblebee has terrible bubbling on the car's hood (robot mode chest!)

and of course there are the usual scratches plastic panels etc you see now and again. Those are my main q/c problems though...

Funny how they are mainly takara!! I think it may be that I hold them to a higher standard.
    That said, overall I still perceive hasbro releases to be of lower quality. From plastic colour choices to terrible paint apps it just devalues the quality in my eyes..
    I am not sure if its still going on but the Henkei run had lots of QC issues not that dissimilar to Hasbro's despite the better paint jobs. Possibly due to both releases being made in the same factory with low manufacturing standards.

Quote Originally Posted by lcz128 View Post
    Never had any issues with Hasbro releases aside from my Universe Silverstreak missing paint apps on one of his horns (or whatever you call them). One is painted red, the other is just missing paint altogether.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

the MP Starscream I got recently had a manufacturing assembly error, taking him apart at the hips revealed that he had two left hip ratchet joints, causing the right one to put placed upside down. It wouldnt matter if the ratchet piece was symmetrical but it caused the right leg to be longer than the left, so I couldnt get it into jet mode.
    Last edited by christalcase; 12th September 2010 at 11:07 PM.
    "sometimes the things you see might not be real and the things that are real you might not see"

Well hey, if you don't mind I'd like to weigh in with some bothersome tfs I've had the pleasure of handling.

TFA Voyager Starscream:
    Forearm too loose, caused fingers to fall out with slightest movement
    - returned to store

Universe 2.0 Galvatron:
    silver face paint apps gave him a 5 o'clock shadow.

Henkei Streak:

Spring hinge loose, causes head/neck assembly to 'leap' off the figure every time it's transformed to robot.

SDCC Universe 2.0 Nemesis Prime:

Two identical fists.

Challenge at Cybertron 3pack:
    Galvatron's missile missing from package.

ROTF Knockout (black motorbike scout):
    Malformed hip ball joint, not ball shaped, caused leg to fall off with slightest movement
    - returned to store

ROTF Breakdown (scout):

1st one: Malformed wrist ball joint, caused hand to fall off with slightest movement
    - returned to store. :/
    2nd one: Red racing stripe is a different shade of red on each leg! looks terrible in vehicle mode.

Generations Darkmount (Straxus):
    Grey clip-on rocket launcher had malformed socket and noticeable stress marks - fell off with slightest movement
    - returned to store.

Generations WFC Megatron:
    Cannon's main firing spring was in backwards :/ it wouldn't securely hold or fire the missile. Fairly simple fix though: take out three screws, use hot water to loosen the plastic at the non-business end to get the gun in two halves. 3 springs - don't lose them! Two are really small.

Gentei Strafe:
    right bicep? assembled backwards lol. Limited arm movement. Don't worry I fixed him. Unscrewed forearm and pushed pin out of bicep, flipped it and reassembled.