Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Masterpiece Beast Wars Dinobot

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I have friends who collecting beastwars dropped the idea of getting this figure due to price.
    So yes it affects collectors out there is TT is not careful.

To me the price in jpy is shocking for RRP, but it is what it is. Hope you guys have fun with this fig.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    I have friends who collecting beastwars dropped the idea of getting this figure due to price.
    So yes it affects collectors out there is TT is not careful.

To me the price in jpy is shocking for RRP, but it is what it is. Hope you guys have fun with this fig.
    No way I'm paying retail for this either. Rather wait for a KO. TT are charging almost titan class prices for this.

Primal was much simpler due to the CGI cartoon being based on the toy. Dinobot's CGI transformation was heavily modified.

Comparing the MP to the toon Raptor, he's not too far off. Admittedly I don't like the gaps either, so maybe a 3rd party developer will create gap-fillers for it.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Well the jury's out till we get the toy, the same applies to Sunstreaker and Megatron (cause I don't have one yet) to see what sort of complexity they use to justify the price hike for each toy.

To be fair to the designers I think the beast modes look pretty good considering what they are trying to achieve. I'm really struggling to think of any organic looking transformers that have lithe organic beast modes with this level of articulation. Robotic beast modes aren't held to the same scrutiny so no comparison there. Some of the larger rounder box shaped animals maybe, but I don't think that's a fair comparison. Characters like Cheetor, Dinobot, Airrazor and Blackarachnia are always going to have make sacrifices for their organic beast modes.

Quote Originally Posted by graza78 View Post
    No way I'm paying retail for this either. Rather wait for a KO. TT are charging almost titan class prices for this.
    To be fair to TT, you're just paying for plastic and size in a Titan class, there's minimal parts and bugger all engineering in them, their transformations could be done in a Legends toy.

bowspearer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    Well the jury's out till we get the toy, the same applies to Sunstreaker and Megatron (cause I don't have one yet) to see what sort of complexity they use to justify the price hike for each toy.
    Is it? If that Generations book section scan is anything to go by, it looks like there are not only a stack of parts, but that it's far easier to count the parts which don't move in the transformation than the parts which do.

Characters like Cheetor, Dinobot, Airrazor and Blackarachnia are always going to have make sacrifices for their organic beast modes.
    Where has there been a perfect beast mode on a BW MP figure to date? Primal's legs and inner arms had robot kibble, while Cheetor's back legs might as well scream out "I'm a robot". Given that MP Dinobot might as well have been released as a plastic Popple, TT have to be given credit here for minimising the kibble to the degree they did. It could easily have been far worse.

To be fair to TT, you're just paying for plastic and size in a Titan class, there's minimal parts and bugger all engineering in them, their transformations could be done in a Legends toy.
    If not a minicon.

I only collect MP's now and BW figures have been a favourite of mine since they first came out so pre-ordering was a no brainer for me. I was hoping the price would be adjusted but at this stage it looks like it could be accurate. I'm not complaining (much ) as the robot form looks near perfect and the beast form is acceptable

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

All bw mp's have repaint potential but it needs to be REALLY obscure, think cheetor for example.

Either remove the metallic and use flat/bare plastics or just do a tigertron deco...wait what's that, not accurate to tigertron even with a heavy retool?

Make him in white, new face, make him a predacon and give him some weird backstory much like mp exhaust, simple

Why does it need to be obscure? Lazorbeak, Buzz Saw, Grimlock. They seem quite obvious.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

that price tag for a dino mode with huge gaps in it is ludicrous

surely they could design panels that line up and fold away as to not hinder bot mode.. well for that price you would expect A1 engineering in both modes
    Dapto Dog for 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Starscream77 View Post
    that price tag for a dino mode with huge gaps in it is ludicrous

surely they could design panels that line up and fold away as to not hinder bot mode.. well for that price you would expect A1 engineering in both modes
    Maybe they could but it would cost more? Maybe this is the best compromise they could get with bot mode accuracy prioritized?